Biostats practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheShaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know a good source for biostats practice questions? I can usually get the theoretical stuff alright but anything that involves math and formulas just kill me. My UW biostats performance is pathetically low, at about 45%. I feel like I'm missing some basic principles that's causing me to not even know how to approach questions.

Members don't see this ad.

There is the UW biostats separate thing they have, besides that... YouTube videos?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone know a good source for biostats practice questions? I can usually get the theoretical stuff alright but anything that involves math and formulas just kill me. My UW biostats performance is pathetically low, at about 45%. I feel like I'm missing some basic principles that's causing me to not even know how to approach questions.

I have UW stats, it's pretty good but long winded I think. I like Rx though

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know, I was contemplating the UW stats but it's generally a fairly strong subject for me so I'll perhaps skip it

There is the UW biostats separate thing they have, besides that... YouTube videos?

I would be careful what you find on YouTube--- there are a few okay sources, but there is a fair bit of garbage out there. I would suggest seeing if your school's library has an introductory biostats text you could take out. A good introductory text will have will have worked examples, and you can use their framework to approach questions you've missed on the q-banks. In the worst case, you only checked out a book that didn't help you. In the best case, you found a reliable resource that you can use for research as well.

Reactions: 1 user
^very good point, having worked problems is key.
(For me at least, it doesn't stick unless I use it/practice the math and concepts)