Uworld biostats review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iscream4icecream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the usefulness of the UWorld biostats review? If it is useful, when is the best time to start it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm running thru the UWorld biostats right now. I don't really think it's that good tbh. It's basically just 3-5 questions per biostats topic (about 20 topics total) = 73 total questions. You do a set of 3-5 questions and then they give you like 3-4 paragraphs about the topic. There is not feedback on each individual question and why each incorrect answer is incorrect. If they just transferred the 73 questions to the main Uworld Qbank it'd be better. 2/5 stars.

That said, I don't know any better resources. My school just taught us sensitivity, specificity and thats about it. So I needed something to learn from. I don't necessarily regret buying it.

Also, the explanations in the UWorld biostats thing are so formal and textbook-like. Not my style. I fall asleep after reading 2 sentences.

Last edited:
Sorry for the semi-necro bump - I've become really frustrated with the Uworld biostats review, did a Google search to see what other people thought, and came across this thread so I thought I'd leave my 2 cents. I used the UWorld biostats review for Step 1 and am going through it again for Step 2. I've had WAY more biostats exposure over 3rd year and in going through it now I can definitely say its pretty crappy. In addition to what @Shams al Deen said some of the "correct" answers are flat out wrong (confirmed by several biostats and epidemiology profs. at my school), and the explanations for the correct answer on a number of questions are based on making multiple assumptions which pretty much makes the questions worthless (they're nothing like the qbank questions or what is on the actual exams). IMO the best sources for biostats for Step 1 and 2 are the OnlineMed Ed videos and taking notes from the explanations on the biostats questions from the UWorld qbank.

Reactions: 1 user