Bogduk/AAPM&R e-journal club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

101N

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a x-post from the PM&R forum.

<snip>
I signed in late to Bogduk's talk last night. Can anyone who attended please summarize what
his points were.

IMO, Peng's study was well done and compelling. In the US there is a big medical-industrial complex that would like to see it discredited.

Members don't see this ad.

it will be on academe's site and downloadable, it is hard to summarize Bogduk but he was appropriately skeptical, pointed out faults of the study, but was not dismissive of methylene blue. It was a good discussion

Thanks. Below is from Bogduk's editorial in Pain.

My own ethics committee was reserved when I applied to test
this treatment. It declined permission to embark upon a study until
the results of Peng et al. [8] became public. I now have clearance to
undertake a replication study. Others should join urgently. At stake
is either a cure for back pain, or a wave of disappointment amongst
patients in the West, when this treatment proves not to work for
them.

This is a x-post from the PM&R forum.

<snip>
I signed in late to Bogduk's talk last night. Can anyone who attended please summarize what
his points were.

IMO, Peng's study was well done and compelling. In the US there is a big medical-industrial complex that would like to see it discredited.

Didn't see it, but at ISIS last August, Bogduk shared the initial results from his repeat meth blue study, and those results weren't very optimistic.

Maybe the US med-industrial complex want's to discredit Peng's study, but Bogduk doesn't have a stake in that and I trust his scientific method over some random asian scientist.