Boston U Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junos187

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a quick question about the BostonU application. I called admissions and they told me I have to use their letter of recommendation forms. However, my letters of rec have been ready a year ago and are at a file in student affairs at my school. I asked her if I need to redo them so that I can use BostonU letter forms, and she put me on hold "she wasn't sure", then told me that I have to have all my letter writers fill out the Boston form and mail them but I can still send in my old letters. This sounds ridiculous to me, did any of those who applied had to do the same? Or no Boston U forms were fine?

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I was admitted in the last class and I used my old letters on file with Interfolio, and they accepted them just fine. It is quite absurd to have your letter writers fill out new forms. Just send your old ones--they should suffice. Ask Michelle Hall in admissions about it. I think you spoke to a secretary who may not have known. Also, you may have to tell them you are applying to the MAMS program, which has different requirements than other graduate programs in the GMS department.