Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today the "silent treatment" from Boston University ended and I received an interview :D In the interview letter, they offer an opportunity to reschedule your appointed interview. I was wondering if there are any disadvantages or differences between regional interviews versus an interview at the dental school?

Also, is any one planning on canceling or not going to their regional interview in San Francisco/San Jose next week??? I am from the bay area and will be home next week so it would really help me out. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it matters if you do regional or not. A bunch of kids in my class did the regional interviews. Only difference is that you dont get to see the facilities, the faculty, students, boston, etc...

Rezdawg would know better than I would, but I would think if you really do want to attend BU you should visit it for yourself to see what's all about. I understand that sometimes you get a date on which you definitely can't visit, but if you really want to go to BU I recommend going there and experiencing it firsthand.

Members don't see this ad :)
cgDDS said:
Today the "silent treatment" from Boston University ended and I received an interview :D In the interview letter, they offer an opportunity to reschedule your appointed interview. I was wondering if there are any disadvantages or differences between regional interviews versus an interview at the dental school?

Also, is any one planning on canceling or not going to their regional interview in San Francisco/San Jose next week??? I am from the bay area and will be home next week so it would really help me out. Thanks.

Congrats on the interview! Did you get the letter in email or snail mail? Also, did you status for BU change on AADSAS?

emthichrangdep said:
Congrats on the interview! Did you get the letter in email or snail mail? Also, did you status for BU change on AADSAS?

It was an email from Liane Webber titled "interview invite."
My status on AADSAS (which hasn't been changed since 11/17/05) says:

Received/Under Review: This status means that our office has received your application and we are in the process of reviewing it. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.2 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 19 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come in to our consideration of a candidate, community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendations, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we continually review it against the total applicant pool.

Congratulations on your interview CG!!! I hope to get mine soon. :cool:

boree said:
Rezdawg would know better than I would, but I would think if you really do want to attend BU you should visit it for yourself to see what's all about. I understand that sometimes you get a date on which you definitely can't visit, but if you really want to go to BU I recommend going there and experiencing it firsthand.

I agree.

If you must do a regional interview, I dont think it would hurt your chances of acceptance. I just think it benefits the student to attend an interview at BU.

thanks for the info....I guess i will be visiting boston for the first time (unless someone doesn't want their regional in SF).....coming from CA/AZ, how much colder will it be??? has anyone made that kind of climate jump ???

cgDDS said:
thanks for the info....I guess i will be visiting boston for the first time (unless someone doesn't want their regional in SF).....coming from CA/AZ, how much colder will it be??? has anyone made that kind of climate jump ???

hey cgDDS, when's your interview?

cgDDS said:

It will be a lot colder, but at least you'll get to have snow fights. :laugh: Be thankful though, I'm doing my undergrad at U of Wisconsin, and Boston winters are quite warm in comparison. In general though, New England weather is the best- get to really experience all the seasons to their fullest. I grew up in Boston and there's nothing better than a New England spring.

preluder said:
hey cgDDS, when's your interview?

the interview date they gave me is for February 6th at the dental school....

I am from the bay area and they have a regional interview there next wedensday through friday in san francisco/san jose....but according to the interview invite, as of now it's full...

either way i'm excited to visit boston....

cgDDS said:
coming from CA/AZ, how much colder will it be??? has anyone made that kind of climate jump ???

You'll be fine...30% of our class is from Cali. Another 30% are from Texas and Florida. Therefore, most of us are from warm weather climates. Its cold as hell, but nothing a couple jackets and gloves cant fix.