both in healthcare school with child

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

My wife and I are planning to apply to pharmarcy school and medical school respectively. We have a 3 year old daughter. The last thing I want is to neglect her.

The way things are going..seems like my wife will apply for 2007. And I was planning to apply for 2007 as well.

I am wondering if there are parents like us. If I wait till my wife finishes pharmacy school..financially I will be in a better position. But I am already 32 now and I don't want to wait till 2009 or 2010 to start medical school.

I would love to know some parents who are in similar boat and how you manage to give enough attention to your child.

Shahab

Members don't see this ad.

shahab said:
Hi all:

My wife and I are planning to apply to pharmarcy school and medical school respectively. We have a 3 year old daughter. The last thing I want is to neglect her.

The way things are going..seems like my wife will apply for 2007. And I was planning to apply for 2007 as well.

I am wondering if there are parents like us. If I wait till my wife finishes pharmacy school..financially I will be in a better position. But I am already 32 now and I don't want to wait till 2009 or 2010 to start medical school.

I would love to know some parents who are in similar boat and how you manage to give enough attention to your child.

Shahab

Hi, our family is in similar situation. My husband will apply to pharm.school next year and I'll start dental school this August. We have a two year old son. It is very hard to take undergrad. classes and have a child and a family, but I am very worried about how it will be when I am at dental school. I think that it is very important to find time for my child regardless of how busy you are. I made a rule for myself to spend at least 1hr. a day educating him(reading or playing games), besides the time when I just watch him.
Also, all my free time(if I will have any) I'll try to have quality time with my family. It is nice to know that I am not along in this situation and there are people who understand my problems. :)