Br Biology too hard? Looking for advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dwade06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am completely flunking the BR biology passages that are associated with each EK Bio chapter. Any advice as to what I should do or other passages that I should look at. I feel very comfortable the the ek bio 30 min exam

Members don't see this ad.

BR bio is way harder and way more detailed than EK Bio and it is way harder than the real exam as well. You can still learn from them of you would like, but don't worry too much about the tiny details of BR bio and don't get discouraged by your results on the BR passages.

I've never, EVER understood the rationale behind doing EK Bio and then using TBR passages. Yeah, let's learn less, stress more on the passages, and then demoralize ourselves instead of spending slightly more time just doing the TBR reading to begin with and learning more :rolleyes:.
Just do TBR content review; less fragmented, and it's pretty easy to suss out what's worth learning and what's not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't feel bad about TBR Bio. I used EK Bio for content and TBR Bio passages just destroyed me. Don't worry about the score..just do TBR for the practice and learn from your mistake. After every passage, I review my answers thoroughly then write down the key info that I did not know or missed because EK didn't cover it in detail. Even TBR Ochem is a little too much IMO. I think TBR Phys and Chem are good for practice..at least you should be able to answer over half the questions per passage if you have a decent grasp of your content.

TBR is very hard, don't take it as the ultimate assessment tool. Take a few AAMC full-length tests for a better picture. TBR is there to make you think hard and improve, but their passages can be insanely hard. That's why you supplement EK etc. in.