BU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i have recieved an email regarding application under review on sept 17...do u know how long do they take to tell u regarding the invitation for interview

Hey smylee
i am in the same boat. review email on 21 sep. i think they take 1.5 months if you will be called; you may get it early too.. pls share stats if u can

Members don't see this ad.

Hey smylee
i am in the same boat. review email on 21 sep. i think they take 1.5 months if you will be called; you may get it early too.. pls share stats if u can

hi ..

i dont think stats work..iam so much disappointed ..i got no call frm any school...neways my stats are 93/100/3.84:(

hi ..

i dont think stats work..iam so much disappointed ..i got no call frm any school...neways my stats are 93/100/3.84:(
Your stats are awesome you will get IV call soon:) .May I know from what schools you have got rejection with this perfect scores:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx for the appreciation harry!!

i didnt get any rejection but didnt get any call frm the schools whose deadlines r passed...
may b m too impatient...

I am waiting for the interview too, but one quick question unlike other univ's boston doesn't have a bench exam..So does an iv call mean acceptance into this school??
what are the usual number of people they call for iv and how many get accepted out of those who are called??

for 75 seats...BU call 250 people....tuff competition ...!!!
A little stats: with iv every tuesday and on an average of 10 students on each tuesday from 14th oct this year to feb 2nd week gives us: about 18 weeks and this means 180..and only 75 get accepted...
now thats less than 50%..Its stressful till you get an acceptance in your hand..

has anybody been invited for the month of nov??how long do we wait after applctn under review to get interview call??

First of all, congratulations to everyone that has been invited for an interview from BU. :) :thumbup:
I just had a few questions. I am considering BU as well. I haven't applied though because I have yet to take the NBDE Part 1 and TOEFL. Is it still too late in the rolling cycle to apply? Did anyone apply in December last year and get accepted in the Class of 2012 last year? I'm afraid that by the time I apply, most of the seats will be taken. I'd appreciate any reply. Thanks.

hi guys,
i am just wondering if someone can help me out as i have not applied yet to caapid but thinking to do so soon.i have very low score,75 in toefl. my stats are 91/3.6/75. but i read in caapid site like one can review his toefl score anytime during the application cycle. so i am just jittering about should i just start with my application with this stat and i can alter my toefl scores after improving next time may be by the first week of november. or i should apply in after getting exactly good toefl scores. but then i think i might be a very late applicant for the coming session if i apply in november first week..... please suggest me.....would grealy appreciate a help by you guys here.... thanks a lot!!

hi guys,
i am jittering with a few things regarding my application. i have not applied yet to caapid but thinking to do soon but the problem is i got a very low score in toefl, 75. so my overall stats are 91/3.6/75. i read in caapid site like one can review their toefl scores anytime during the application cycle. i am going to appear for toefl again. so should i apply with these stats and i will review my toefl scores after improving next time may be by the first week of november. or should i exactly apply after getting a better toefl score but then i think i will be really a very late applicant for the coming session. and i wont stand any chance anywhere if i apply in november first weeek... but i really want to apply to BU???? i would graetly appreciate a help by you guys........ thanks a lot!!

hi guys,
i am jittering with a few things regarding my application. i have not applied yet to caapid but thinking to do soon but the problem is i got a very low score in toefl, 75. so my overall stats are 91/3.6/75. i read in caapid site like one can review their toefl scores anytime during the application cycle. i am going to appear for toefl again. so should i apply with these stats and i will review my toefl scores after improving next time may be by the first week of november. or should i exactly apply after getting a better toefl score but then i think i will be really a very late applicant for the coming session. and i wont stand any chance anywhere if i apply in november first weeek... but i really want to apply to BU???? i would graetly appreciate a help by you guys........ thanks a lot!!
Apply right away and dont waste any time..update your toefl score as and when it comes

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi - I heard BU has scheduled interview till Nov end. Has anyone received call for interview? http://img2.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/crossfingers.gif
Hi endodont
Do you know that for real or is it like you said you heard..from this forum iv is scheduled for 14th oct and then 21st oct and no more updates..no-one's posting any calls or iv dates...Not sure what the real scenario is...May be you can throw some light on this...
This forum is so silent about BU..

I got invitation for the 4th of november a month back.All the best to all who are waiting!hope that info helps!

Hi garderlesourire,

Best luck with interview.

Can you please share your stats? also the date when you got "Application Under Review" email? Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Hi endodont
Do you know that for real or is it like you said you heard..from this forum iv is scheduled for 14th oct and then 21st oct and no more updates..no-one's posting any calls or iv dates...Not sure what the real scenario is...May be you can throw some light on this...
This forum is so silent about BU..

Hi Alldent - I heard from my friend. You can see posting from garderlesourire too. Thanks and best luck

I got invitation for the 4th of november a month back.All the best to all who are waiting!hope that info helps!

Hi garderlesourire, Thanks for the info..All the best for your interview and can you please share when did you get the application review mail?

Hi Alldent - I heard from my friend. You can see posting from garderlesourire too. Thanks and best luck

All the best to you too..nice to know BU is sending out invites..please keep us posted..

CONGRATS garderlesourire!!

could you please share the date you applied and the date you received your application-under-review email?

Thanks and good luck for your interview!!

My application was completed by August first week and I received review email by September first week.

My application was completed by August first week and I received review email by September first week.

Hi garderlesourire, What are your stats? can you please share it with us? it looks like this year BU has very high criteria...

Hi guys!
Can smb tell me if im right that deadline in BU is 1st of Feb?
Will i have any chances applying in early Jan?
Thanks in advance!
Just got my NBDE results back-94!!!
Studying for TOEFL now!
Do you think its possible to start in 2011?

There is nothing bad in tryin! If u get through, u may save 1 yr of ur life!
n u hv a good score too.. try to get above 100 in Toefl..

Hi guys!
Can smb tell me if im right that deadline in BU is 1st of Feb?
Will i have any chances applying in early Jan?
Thanks in advance!
Just got my NBDE results back-94!!!
Studying for TOEFL now!
Do you think its possible to start in 2011?

Congratulation Svetlana ! It is a very decent score !

Could anyone who has gone through the interview @ BU plz share their experiences... what kind of questions are they asking and what kind of candidate are they looking for?

hi i too am waiting for BU interview.... Any in same boat can share info with me!!!!

Last edited:

Hi raiseup how ru

:thumbup:i think your plan is going to work out well if you get toefl more than 100 at he earliest.:thumbup:

is there any applicant with toefl 91 get acceptance last year, is there any chance or i forget it

thanks

hi i too am waiting for BU. ru in same boat

hi i too am waiting for BU interview.... Any in same boat can share info with me!!!!

hi wwf i am also waiting for bu interview.completed my application in end oct.plz share ur stats

Hi is it that below 90 nbde part 1 scores stand no chance in Boston University ??
Can someone please clarify this point ?

@ Docran and wwf .. can u please share your stats... thank you !

Well I have NBDE1 above 90 and I got my application complete by the end of June and also got an email stating my application is under review on August 31st...and still I didn't hear anything from them regarding the interview.

Hi is it that below 90 nbde part 1 scores stand no chance in Boston University ??
Can someone please clarify this point ?

@ Docran and wwf .. can u please share your stats... thank you !

hi cindrella my nbde score is above 90.i think if u have continued education or work exp in us as assistant or hygienist or other dental related achievements they cn consider a score little less than 90 too.

why isnt boston sending out any invites?? so many students with 90 and above score on this very forum and waiting for the call...and they did apply quite early in the admission cycle...any idea whats going on?????????

why isnt boston sending out any invites?? so many students with 90 and above score on this very forum and waiting for the call...and they did apply quite early in the admission cycle...any idea whats going on?????????
hi, i m also waiting desperatly for an interview call from bu. my nbde score is 92. bu is sending invites continuously every week but i dont know y people are not updating anything. many are using only to gather informations and y they are not even ready to share about the cal, so that others can be benefited. anyhow god bless all of us who are waiting for the cal

Got 94/114.....application under review since Mid-Sep....no invite yet....guess we have to be patient....nt much can be done now.

Got 94/114.....application under review since Mid-Sep....no invite yet....guess we have to be patient....nt much can be done now.

Dear RHCP17, i heard even acceptance is sent to few interviewed candidates on October 14. Few of them have 94 score i heard....Do you have any info of results of I.V conducted on October and afterwards r???

I have completed my application in mid sept. got application complete mail after 10 days. no news after that. my stats: part 1 -84, toefl- 96, masters in oral surgery, BDS completed in 1998....10 yrs practice 3 yrs teaching... everything in india... GPA 3.13 in BDS and 3.33 in masters... it seems this is not good enough to get even a call for interview.

I was interviewed on nov 18th and got acceptance email on the 19th! Stats= 96/117/3.98 ... most of the ppl interviewed with me claimed they had 88's on nbde 1 and most of them have been accepted...

I was interviewed on nov 18th and got acceptance email on the 19th! Stats= 96/117/3.98 ... most of the ppl interviewed with me claimed they had 88's on nbde 1 and most of them have been accepted...

Congrats W
Atleast someone got back and wrote about boston..thanks

Congratulations Weezy!

All the best!

Guys, Had any one been invited for interview in the month of December2010 and January 2011 for BU???? If so please post the dates of invitation.......

CONGRATS weezy84!!!!!!!
Your stats are awesome and u truly deserve this!! :)

Could you please tell as to when did you get your "application-complete","application-under-review" and "interview-invitation" email?

Thanks!

I got my under review email sep. 17th and iv invite on oct 18th... I hope this helps... thanks everyone!

congrats.I got review mail on 9 nov ....hvnt heard from them since then .dont knw what to do.shud i call them and ask abt my status or wait .

Last edited:
Hi weezy 84,
Congratulations on ur score and admission! Amazing score!!!.Would you plz share a few tips on what books u really followed, and ur study pattern. What extra work u really need to do for a score of more than 90?Thank you very much.

Hi weezy 84,
Congratulations on ur score and admission! Amazing score!!!.Would you plz share a few tips on what books u really followed, and ur study pattern. What extra work u really need to do for a score of more than 90?Thank you very much.

All the best, and start your preparation now!!!