BU INTERVIEW invitation 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has BU stopped sending interview emails ??? ive been waiting still ages :( ..

Hey,

when did you get your application review e-mail and that your application is now complete. I received it on Jan 3. Just need to know how long I have to wait.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey...i have stats of 87/3.7/108...shud i keep hopes for BU??m really worried..coz i have been waiting since ages to hear from them..and i got their email of completion and review...please suggest.....thanks

hey...i have stats of 87/3.7/108...shud i keep hopes for BU??m really worried..coz i have been waiting since ages to hear from them..and i got their email of completion and review...please suggest.....thanks
hey ur stats are all different in nyu thread posted yesterday...

Members don't see this ad :)
i am waiting for the i/v call since october.. i have lost all hope now :(

ive been waiting since october too...but dont lose hope...
we can still make it...

Hi

my stats are part1 90, gpa 3.2 and toefl 102.waiting to hear from BU since September.I got application review complete mail in September

hi guys,

i applied to bu yesterday......

stats---92/109/3.49

i know its pretty late for this cycle.....any chances for me??

hi guys,

i applied to bu yesterday......

stats---92/109/3.49

i know its pretty late for this cycle.....any chances for me??

You never know. Since they enroll on a rolling basis you should have a chance you do have very good stats.

Dear dlrao,

You have a good stats and applied very early, you should have received a call by now. Did you try calling them up and find out about your status. You will defnetly get the call. I sugesst you speak to them meanwhile you can think of sending them updates about your experience like observer ships, research, part2 etc. Wishing you good luck.

@possible

I mailed them and they said that my application is still being considered for an interview and they will notify me as soon as there is a change in my application status.So donno wats going to happen,along with the above stats I have a work experience of 10 months in my home country,6 months observorship in US and 1 month of volunteer work.So so do I stand a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
@possible

I mailed them and they said that my application is still being considered for an interview and they will notify me as soon as there is a change in my application status.So donno wats going to happen,along with the above stats I have a work experience of 10 months in my home country,6 months observorship in US and 1 month of volunteer work.So so do I stand a chance?

hey dlrao

my stats are 93/3.24/100 ... i got review mail in september like you.. but still i am waiting for interview..... i have called them but they answered me same like you....... i dont understand wht is going on ?

@tejs

I donno wats going to happen.All we can do is to wait and see,so let's hope for the best

Dear dlrao,

I understand your feelings. I know how hard you must have worked to get those scores. You should not loose hope now after doing what most of the people are unable to do. Try to think of means to show them how different you are from the rest of the applicants. Did you send them the letters from people you worked with in us. If yes try to think of gaining experience in areas that you already do not have like research, assistant ship etc. The whole idea is to try and make your application look different from the rest.

“You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere.”
~ Helen Keller

Hey guys!
the neverending wait is over for me!:D
i got an interview invitation from BU for february 11th!
i had received application under review email on oct. 15th... so all of you waiting.. hang in there!... theres a ray of light at the end of the tunnel!:xf:
good luck to all! :thumbup:
:banana:

hi al the best for ur interview, i am too waiting for the cal............. plz post after ur interview:)

@jagstrendent,

Please can you share your stats ? Congts

Thanks

Hi

thank you for your support .I sent letters of recommendation from my school staff to BU.will it be ok now if I send letter which I got from dentist in US to BU directly?I am losing hope day by day.Plz suggest something

Dear dlrao,

I understand your feelings. I know how hard you must have worked to get those scores. You should not loose hope now after doing what most of the people are unable to do. Try to think of means to show them how different you are from the rest of the applicants. Did you send them the letters from people you worked with in us. If yes try to think of gaining experience in areas that you already do not have like research, assistant ship etc. The whole idea is to try and make your application look different from the rest.

“You have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere.”
~ Helen Keller

Dear dlrao,

It is alright they don not mind it. It might help you. Send them the letters from people you worked with in the us. Do it quick and today. You are not here to give up. Think of means of proving to them how unique you are among the rest of the applicants. Things will definitely work out for you. Good luck.

@possible

Thank you very much for your support

You are welcome, your have advanced too far ahead in the battlefield to even dream of taking one step back. Fight..fight...fight harder.

hey did anyone hear from BU this week ?
ive lost hope :(....had emailed them last week...told me to be patient n optimistic !

DOes anyone knows the minimum NBDE 1 score to apply to BU?
I remember I read in they web page last year that it was 83. This year I couldn't find the minimum. Did they change it?

DOes anyone knows the minimum NBDE 1 score to apply to BU?
I remember I read in they web page last year that it was 83. This year I couldn't find the minimum. Did they change it?

They don't have a minimum, but they recommend 85 or more.
It is kinda hard to get accepted with an NBDE 1 of lower than 85. unless you are the best applicant in the world. which I am sure happens every year to couple of people at least.

Last edited:
It is kinda hard to get accepted with an NBDE 1 of lower than 85. unless you saved 30 Haitians buried under the grounds lol. I mean unless you are the best applicant in the world. which I am sure happens every year to couple of people at least.

I think thats a very rude joke.

It is kinda hard to get accepted with an NBDE 1 of lower than 85. unless you saved 30 Haitians buried under the grounds lol. I mean unless you are the best applicant in the world. which I am sure happens every year to couple of people at least.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see the professionalism in your statement. That is very rude of you…

hey I m new to this forum. My stats are:
nbde 1 -91
gpa- 3.31
toefl- 101:

May I stand any chance in bu. I got application complete on email on january 15. I haven't receved reveiew email...

So what do they ask you on the interview? Can someone help me out here? :) Thanks in advance!

hey...
anyone else for interview on Feb. 11th?
plz PM me!:)

Hey JagsterDent,

My heartiest congratulations to you!!! My stats are 91/114/3.78. I got the application complete e-mail from BU on Jan 5th, 2010.

Did you sent anything else to them or just what was required in the application. I sent just the documents they required. But I was reading here in the thread that we should send anything we want and we can send that directly to them. What do you think of that?

Do you think I stand a chance?

I was so motivated and so determined when I was preparing for the test and then was happy to receive my scores......but after so much hard work and dedication, now nothing is happening. It is kind of depressing for most of us waiting.

I am losing hope day by day after checking my e-mail like 100 times a day. Do you think they will call us for an interview for this semester or for next year?

Thank you

Hi, everyone! Quick question: what's the dress code for the interview? :) I am a female... ;) so any ideas and suggestions will be more than welcome! Thank you all!

No news from BU..:( Please keep this thread alive. Wait it is very painful.

Dear bddsgirl,

If you were referring to this opinion. I apologize for having set some wrong notions. I was referring to a particular situation of a person who has applied around august and could not include letters of recommendation from people whom he worked with in the us. Or if he has got some oppurtunity to do some research after his application was complete. We all have worked so hard to get this far. We will definitely get the place we want but sometimes it is a matter of time, few people have to wait a little longer than the others. Your stats show how much efforts you put, I sincerely wish you get to the place you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible
Dear dlrao,

~ Helen Keller

any body could tell me?
my cellphone has missed several phone call recently because the ringbell is broken.

Hey JagsterDent,

My heartiest congratulations to you!!! My stats are 91/114/3.78. I got the application complete e-mail from BU on Jan 5th, 2010.

Did you sent anything else to them or just what was required in the application. I sent just the documents they required. But I was reading here in the thread that we should send anything we want and we can send that directly to them. What do you think of that?

Do you think I stand a chance?

I was so motivated and so determined when I was preparing for the test and then was happy to receive my scores......but after so much hard work and dedication, now nothing is happening. It is kind of depressing for most of us waiting.

I am losing hope day by day after checking my e-mail like 100 times a day. Do you think they will call us for an interview for this semester or for next year?

Thank you

hey there!

thanks! your stats are excellent! and i know exactly how u feel!
i waited nearly 3 months after application complete until i got an interview call....

i had become so pessimistic in that time... thought nuthin would come my way... until the unexpected happened... so dont loose hope... there's stilll alot of hope that you will get called... just stay positive!

as far as sending them additional documents is concerned... you can always send them your updated resume and recommendations... it helps u get noticed and lets them know that you're still waiting desperately to hear from them... People at BU are extremely friendly... they go out of their way to help you out... this is from personal experience! so stay in touch with them as much as you can. :)

all the best to u... and everyone else still waiting to hear from BU...
its worth the wait :D

hi everyone, I got my scores yesterday:)
my stats are 90/3.16/107 year of grad 2007.
10 months of US observership. and 2 LORs from US.
My prev score was 85. I am still waiting to hear from BU and NYU.
What r my chances now to get a call.
Does anyone know how many seats are they left with.... any guesses on this...

they will contact you through email!

thanks Jagsterdent! I am confused about why ppl said they recieved a interview call?? I guess a interview call means interview invitation, it is not a real phonecall, right?

Last edited:
would anybody please tell me what is the usual period from you recieve interview invitation to the day of interview?

How long will BU give us to prepare for interview?

HI Possible,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I never felt so unmotivated and depressed in my life. But I think its natural. I will just wait and watch. And hope for the best. Guys we are not here to lose hope. We worked very hard for this.

So cheer up
Good Luck

Hi Jagsterdent,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think we will have to wait and hope for the best.

Thank you.

thanks Jagsterdent! I am confused about why ppl said they recieved a interview call?? I guess a interview call means interview invitation, it is not a real phonecall, right?

yes! that's exactly it!... it means they called us for an interview... not necessarily over the phone!... it can be by any means... phone, email, letter etc.! :)

would anybody please tell me what is the usual period from you recieve interview invitation to the day of interview?

How long will BU give us to prepare for interview?

they have given me almost a month!

they have given me almost a month!

thanks Jagsterdent! it is very kind of you!
Wish you all the best in the interview!
Do you have any idea about how many people they will interview during this round of interview?

Hello

I applied to BU thru CAAPID on 21st Jan. And the next day I received an email from BU regarding receipt of application. I paid them 100$, but I am not sure what else to send. When do we have to send NBDE and TOEFL score reports. Its written in the email that the contacted students will have to send them.

Hey retainer7,

As much as I know, accepted students have to send those official score reports.

Good Luck