Buffalo's "INTERMEDIATE" pool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the email this morning. I was put on UBuffalo's "INTERMEDIATE" pool. Is anyone else in the same pool as I am? I did a search on this and found minimal information. Does anyone know what this mean?

Members don't see this ad.

sdnstud said:
Just got the email this morning. I was put on UBuffalo's "INTERMEDIATE" pool. Is anyone else in the same pool as I am? I did a search on this and found minimal information. Does anyone know what this mean?

Apparently it's the same as a post-interview waitlist. You may e-mail Mr. Russo (admissions coordinator?) to inquire where on the waitlist you stand. I don't have his address but it can be found on Buffalo's website. According to previous posts on SDN, in the past the entire waitlist, or “intermediate list”, has been offered acceptance. However, during my interview I can recall the Dean stating that both the quantity and quality of applications has risen this year. This may unfortunately translate into lesser movement of the waitlist. My stats are similar to yours – slightly higher GPA and slightly lower MCAT. I wonder what type of stats are being offered immediate acceptance? If I get off the waitlist I will likely decline my other acceptance. I know it's really too early to tell, but is anyone planning on withdrawing their acceptance from Buffalo or pulling themselves off the waitlist?

Buffallo hell my application is still unreview as of their website and I've been complete for a few months. I think a phone call is in order don't you?

Members don't see this ad :)
John B - im the same way. I was complete in september and HAVE NOT BEEN REVIEWED YET. I even personally talked to the dean who told me he appreciates my patience. The problem is that buffalo only looks at applicants once a month for interviews, kind of ridiculous but what can you do?

hey sdnstud,

when did you interview at buffalo? I interviewed there around mid november and i've yet to get a reply.