Buying EK through Amazon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vmc303

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought Examkrackers 6th Ed. through Amazon recently? How long did it take? It's about $70 cheaper than through the EK website, but shipping times are estimated at anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. $70 is quite a bit to save, but I'm taking the MCAT in April and don't want to risk not getting the books for another month.

Members don't see this ad.

Just order the individual books instead of the bundle. You will miss out on the free practice test, but I think its cheaper overall even if you ended up ordering that practice test from ek.

vmc303 said:
Anyone bought Examkrackers 6th Ed. through Amazon recently? How long did it take? It's about $70 cheaper than through the EK website, but shipping times are estimated at anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. $70 is quite a bit to save, but I'm taking the MCAT in April and don't want to risk not getting the books for another month.

Anytime that I've ordered anything from Amazon it's come much sooner than expected. Even so, if you are worried about it coming on time, then I would pay the extra for expediated shipping. The shipping costs should not be more than the $70 so you'll still be saving money that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought the EK audio tape from Amazon and it was suppose to be new but a lot of the cd's are skipping :: EK can't do anything, bc I didn't get it from them and if I return it AMAZON it will take a while for me to get a new one and I am getting ready for the April MCAT :mad:

The cheapest I found the books was on Amazon. $110 + shipping for the set. It took under a week for mine to reach my door.

Remember:

SDN needs your support. If you're going to purchase a DVD, book, textbook, computer, or any item, then please consider using SDN's Amazon.com's store: http://www.studentdoctor.net/bookstore/index.asp

Entry to the store is: http://www.studentdoctor.net/bookstore/index.php

Your purchase will be processed by Amazon.com and you receive the same low prices offered by this company; however, 5-10% of all sales will come back to SDN. This will allow SDN to expand services, upgrade software, and perhaps, provide the first unrestricted SDN scholarships for SDN members. That would be so cool!

my parents ordered me the 5th version of the EK package for my birthday in Novemeber but it still hasn't come in yet =(

im studying out of the behemoth kapaln book untill then

socal78 said:
my parents ordered me the 5th version of the EK package for my birthday in Novemeber but it still hasn't come in yet =(

im studying out of the behemoth kapaln book untill then

I ordered the EK package early December and it has yet to ship :confused: .

I ordered the complete study guide from amazon, but they kept delaying the ship date. After about 3 months of waiting, i cancelled my order and went to the company's website. It cost a little more, but the books came in about a week.

I ordered the complete study guide from amazon, but they kept delaying the ship date. After about 3 months of waiting, i cancelled my order and went to the company's website. It cost a little more, but the books came in about a week.

I just got the 5th ed from amazon this summer, and got it in less than a week.. is the 6th ed new? I wonder how different it is from the 5th? If it's not too diff, maybe you could order the 5th from someone on ebay or amazon should have plenty on hand.

emgirl said:
I just got the 5th ed from amazon this summer, and got it in less than a week.. is the 6th ed new? I wonder how different it is from the 5th? If it's not too diff, maybe you could order the 5th from someone on ebay or amazon should have plenty on hand.

I'm guessing it can't be that much different except for fixing errors that they noticed and so on. The MCAT only tests the basic sciences (which hasn't changed for years) and not the newer stuff that's constantly being discovered and revised.

Slightly off topic; but I also suggest that people use the 1001 question books. :thumbup: I love how they work one through each topic in simple to tricky questions. I found that even for topics that I thought I understood doing sequential problem set was the best preparation.