How long to get through these resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotADoctor1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on an April 15 test date, studying around 3-4 full days a week (scribing 2-3 days/week) starting the second week of January. Between now and then, I have to finish up a semester of school, but will be able to get started with some light content review during that time. I took a TPR diagnostic test and got a 506 (126/127/125/128), so that's my baseline.

Here are the resources I plan on using them, and an approximate pace that I want to get through them.

Anki: One of the pre-made decks circulating around here and reddit (Ortho528, Miledown, or something similar). Is 100 new cards a day a good goal to try and get through?

Review books: I have the Kaplan books which have 72 total chapters of content. Glancing through them, I feel like I need a full deep dive into 20-30 of them with a light refresher on the rest of the content. Not sure how I would schedule these, but is 4 chapters per day a good pace? I'd like to get through these chapters quickly so I can start with practice questions.

Practice questions: Uworld (2300 questions) and AAMC question banks (~1300 questions). I have no idea how quickly people move through these questions, but after some googling, it seems like people get through Uworld questions at a pace of around 60-80 questions per day. Is this reasonable? Is this the pace I should expect to be able to get through the AAMC material too? I also plan on using JW CARS passages. I believe there around 300 passages, so I'll plan on doing 5 passages per day on full study days, along with science-based review.

Full length exams: I have access to the 4 (soon to be 5) AAMC full lengths, the full length sample exam, and 6 Princeton Review full length practice exams. Working backwards, I would like to get through 2 FLs per week during my last 3 weeks of studying, and 1 FL per week before that, working backwards from test date until I'm about 9 weeks out. (3 weeks of 1/week, 3 weeks of 2/week). Obviously, a full length takes a full study day, but how long should I take to review each full length. Should I block a full study day to review a full length, or would it be reasonable to review the exam in the morning, take a lunch break, and do some Uworld or Anki in the afternoon?

Thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user