C in orgo I...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apathychick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
eight points away from a B but my school doesn't do +/-.

Is all hope lost?

sorry, y'all must be tired of this kind of question.

Members don't see this ad.

but 18 from an A....its funny how people only look at how many more points they needed to get to a certain grade rather than look at how many points they loss...but dont worry..all is not lost..just kick ass in part II...good luck :luck:

No...hope is not lost :) The MCAT is the great equalizer...remember that. They won't even bat an eye at your grade if you do well. As the other poster said...do well on part II.
apathychick said:
eight points away from a B but my school doesn't do +/-.

Is all hope lost?

sorry, y'all must be tired of this kind of question.

Members don't see this ad :)
well by eight points short I mean eight points out of six hundred :(

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your advice.

apathychick said:
well by eight points short I mean eight points out of six hundred :(

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your advice.

Is your teacher's name Douche McBag?

Actually, no +/-'s. That kinda sucks; I can see why they wouldn't give the B. You try garnering points anywhere or debating it?

Buck up, young lad/laddess! I earned my C in Org Chem I and managed to get into several schools this cycle. Improve in your second semester of Ochem, rawk the MCAT, and reap the rewards!

Thanks everyone :)

As for pulling up the grade -- I think I might be able to pick up 2-3 more points off an exam. If my lab grade is significantly above average, it COULD bump me up, but I'm not holding my breath on it. That's okay though, I'm planning on reviewing over the summer and doing better next year. Y'all made me feel a lot better about this.

I got a C in general chemistry I. It is absolutely not a problem. I thought my life was over. I did better in chem 2, with a B. And after that I just rocked out all my other science classes. If you have a competitive GPA or other good grades in science, especially other chem type classes, the only schools that will even question it is the Ivy leagues. And if you do get a question, I feel like it is more to see how you will respond to it, were there any extraneous circumstances, and what you learned from that time period. Keep your head up, keep working hard, do well on your MCATs, and put the grade behind you (after you try to bump it up). You cannot change the past, so don't dwell on it and just put your energy into improving stuff that is in your power. I had no problem getting interviews or acceptances even with a C.

When I was in undergrad, it never even crossed my mind that a few C's would keep me out of med school (and they didn't). I wonder why everyone always thinks that a few bad grades means your chances of being a doctor are over :p

I have a similar situation. Before deciding to go to medical school, my first two 1/2 years of undergrad, I recieved 3 Cs in chemistry, gen chem, survery of organic and survey of biochem. I hate chemistry. After deciding medical school - I took inorganic, recieved a B, and organic 1 with an A. Is it worth mentioning this in my personal statement? My GPA is 3.57 overall / 3.52 science. What point do grades/class performance worth mentioning in the personal statement? Ds, Fs? Cs?

Chemistry is the only subject I've recieved a C in.

Thanks-