CA interns and pharmacists: I need your help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bhavesh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am VERY interested in obtaining a job in CA, but I'm sort of stuck in that I don't have a foot in the door.

If you are a CA pharmacist, or pharmacy intern and you know about any potential pharmacist openings, or even if you know the personnel director or intern coordinators, could you please email me their contact information?. Calling the stores wasn't so effective because they sometimes don't know that information...

I'd be interested in anything within driving distance from Torrance, CA. Even if there's not an opening now, but would be within a few months to early 2012, I will pay whatever due diligence to take advantage of the opportunity.

I'm a pharm D. graduate for 2011 and worked during school at a busy chain pharmacy for 2 years. I had 2 community rotations with Wal-Mart, and Target.

Thank you very much in advance!

Please PM me for an email address...

Members don't see this ad.

Torrance? Isn't that in Orange County, CA? I would be really surprised if you can find a job in that area. Don't you know how long the line of pharmacists working in nearby counties who dream of tranferring to Orange County is? If anything, they would probably catch the wind and get the information before you do.

I would suggest you start working in some distant regions first. There may be still hope in Bakersfield, Lancaster, or Palm Desert. At least you want to get your foot in a company first and then plan on transferring to the desired county. Just a warning, if you decide to go that route, the current waiting time may be >3 years.

Torrance? Isn't that in Orange County, CA? I would be really surprised if you can find a job in that area. Don't you know how long the line of pharmacists working in nearby counties who dream of tranferring to Orange County is? If anything, they would probably catch the wind and get the information before you do.

I would suggest you start working in some distant regions first. There may be still hope in Bakersfield, Lancaster, or Palm Desert. At least you want to get your foot in a company first and then plan on transferring to the desired county. Just a warning, if you decide to go that route, the current waiting time may be >3 years.

Hell no, torrance is in south bay LA (still crowded though, you're on the right track).

And eff that, someone give ME a job in OC/South LA!