CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+pad+ the ippe and appe listed from the school is probably copy and outline on the website, i don't think it is something the school wrote up out of scratch, maybe taken from a former school :idea:
Google search APPE and IPPE: ..maybe UGA.

Members don't see this ad.

Do a lot of schools start their IPPE during the first semester???

who cares where they got it from. That is what they post and that is what they mean that's good enough for me. Why would I want to know the author of this text and when it was published and blah blah blah It doesn't matter all you have to know is this is what they mean and you are done. why do people make everything more complicated life is much simpler i swear try it.:D:corny:
hahaha, yeah thats true. Yeah I heard Rancho Cordova is like a miniature Silicon Valley area..with a lot of computer businesses. Thats cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
It shouldn't be a problem that CNCP starts their IPPE's during the second semester. UNM starts IPPE's during the summer after the first year (all their IPPE's are done during the first month following the end of the spring semester). I think we're all just paranoid with CNCP. I think they'll be fine, there's great potential there. :)

hahaha, yeah thats true. Yeah I heard Rancho Cordova is like a miniature Silicon Valley area..with a lot of computer businesses. Thats cool.
I live in Sacramento. Rancho Cordove is on the way from Sacramento to Folsom. Folsom is like a miniature Silicon Valley area, with Intel and HP there. But Rancho Cordove is not, totally not.

the money will come from?? change in tuition, fee, or? after all, it's YOUR $
----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the application fee?

A new progrom application fee of $25,000 is required for initial review by ACPE. This includes coverage of the cost of an on-site staff consultation, which should occur between the time of initial submission of the application and the June meeting of the Board.

[what do i care] the money will come from?? change in tuition, fee, or? after all, it's YOUR $
----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the application fee?

A new progrom application fee of $25,000 is required for initial review by ACPE.
I'm not sure what the intention of your post was, but it seems like you're saying that CNCP is trying to scam applicants for their money?

"A group of local pharmacists and other backers have raised $14 million to launch a pharmacy school in Rancho Cordova this summer..."

Source:
http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/stories/2007/11/12/story3.html

It shouldn't be a problem that CNCP starts their IPPE's during the second semester. UNM starts IPPE's during the summer after the first year (all their IPPE's are done during the first month following the end of the spring semester). I think we're all just paranoid with CNCP. I think they'll be fine, there's great potential there. :)

:thumbup: I agree. People need to stop being so paranoid and face the hard facts, not the stuff that isn't there. If people focus on only the latter part, anyone could say a lot of bad (and probably wrong) things about a lot of schools.

I had a pregunta..When we send in our $500 deposit, what do we send with the deposit?

The email said: In order to hold your seat in the class, we will need to know that you accept our offer by signing and dating the enclosed Confirmation of Acceptance form and returning it to the Office of Admissions within 30 days from the date of this letter.

does this mean I wait for the conformation of acceptance letter to come in snail mail that I sign and send with the deposit? There is no attachment in the email of a conformation letter. I'm confused! please help

Thanks guys :)

does this mean I wait for something to come in snail mail that I sign and send with the deposit?
Yes, and congrats on your acceptance :)

Yes, and congrats on your acceptance :)

Hey thanks shik! How many days after you received the email of acceptance, did you receive the conformation letter in the mail?

So I saw that you too have been accepted to the school! Congratz to you as well! Have you sent in the deposit if you don't mind me asking :luck:

Hi sunday1!

I have no idea if I received the snail mail yet because I am at school and haven't had the chance to go home. When I do go home though I will send in the deposit. My friends ask me which school I am going to pick and I tell them the decisions will likely go much into the summer. It is better to hold my spot than to just give it up I guess. Plus I want to sit and see the developments of CNCP over the next few months.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: I agree. People need to stop being so paranoid and face the hard facts, not the stuff that isn't there. If people focus on only the latter part, anyone could say a lot of bad (and probably wrong) things about a lot of schools.

I disagree with you..I think its good to be cautious. I think if the school gets accreditated then its all good, but that is not the case right know. I would be skeptical about the entire thing. I am not saying anything bad about the school. Im saying in reality the school doesnt exist until individuals start attending that school, graduate, and are able to get their state license this is just an idea. That has not happen, so people will be tentative about certian things. I hope the school does go through. It will be great for individuals here in California.

Hey yazzman I agree with what you said actually. I guess I was just trying to be more positive for other people who might not want to hear all the negative thoughts. I am obviously being cautious too and I am sure all the other accepted people are. Anyways thanks and good luck at UOP :cool:.

I had a pregunta..When we send in our $500 deposit, what do we send with the deposit?

The email said: In order to hold your seat in the class, we will need to know that you accept our offer by signing and dating the enclosed Confirmation of Acceptance form and returning it to the Office of Admissions within 30 days from the date of this letter.

does this mean I wait for the conformation of acceptance letter to come in snail mail that I sign and send with the deposit? There is no attachment in the email of a conformation letter. I'm confused! please help

Thanks guys :)

holy shit are they really asking for a $500 deposit WITHOUT pre-accred.??

unbelievable...wow, i know HICP was a long time ago, but I thought people would still remember something

It is better to hold my spot than to just give it up I guess. Plus I want to sit and see the developments of CNCP over the next few months.

True dat! I am going to do the same :)

Hey do any of you that interviewed at CNCP remember the names of the Japanese Professor and the law student? Thanks!

Hey do any of you that interviewed at CNCP remember the names of the Japanese Professor and the law student? Thanks!
LOL you had my interviewers. The law student's name is Sydney. Are you sure the other professor is Japanese? When I saw him I thought he was Chinese haha.

Dang I suck... I am Asian and I can't tell them apart :smuggrin:. Anyways I don't remember his name because it's one of those hard ones to spell.

i want to fast forward time till june! I need to know :confused: lol

i want to fast forward time till june! I need to know :confused: lol
Hehe I think we all do, including the skeptics who come here only to say negative things (although some are definitely well-intended. Others... hmm well I'm not too sure :D). Whatever the case, when CNCP does get their pre-candidate status, it will only be better for the applicants of next year. The Charter Class is biting it hard right now though :thumbdown:.

Hehe I think we all do, including the skeptics who come here only to say negative things (although some are definitely well-intended. Others... hmm well I'm not too sure :D). Whatever the case, when CNCP does get their pre-candidate status, it will only be better for the applicants of next year. The Charter Class is biting it hard right now though :thumbdown:.
shikamaru
---Totally agree.

Hey fxok425---thanks for letting me know about the Rancho area.

Sunday1:
I want it to be June too,lol.

Hi guys, i'm getting so anxious rite now and I just want to know what you are thinking about Northstate? After reading so many negative comments, I'm feeling so torn in my decision in choosing Northstate over USC. Although I'm excited and looking forward to attend pharm school next year, I'm not so sure if i make the right choice. It's a bonus for me to find a school near home. BUT i'm afraid i'm not making a sound choice if Northstate is not getting a pre-cand. status by June. Though I'm confident in the Northstate professors' capability and knowledge in pushing the pharmacy profession forward , I still have my doubts. My biggest concern is that i don't want to lose out my chance of doing pharmacy related works if the school's pre-cand. status is getting deferred. I'm crossing my finger and hopes that WILL NEVER happen. Please let me know what you think. I just want to be extra careful......PERHAPS IT's a good idea to enroll to both schools?????

Hi guys, i'm getting so anxious rite now and I just want to know what you are thinking about Northstate? After reading so many negative comments, I'm feeling so torn in my decision in choosing Northstate over USC. Although I'm excited and looking forward to attend pharm school next year, I'm not so sure if i make the right choice. It's a bonus for me to find a school near home. BUT i'm afraid i'm not making a sound choice if Northstate is not getting a pre-cand. status by June. Though I'm confident in the Northstate professors' capability and knowledge in pushing the pharmacy profession forward , I still have my doubts. My biggest concern is that i don't want to lose out my chance of doing pharmacy related works if the school's pre-cand. status is getting deferred. I'm crossing my finger and hopes that WILL NEVER happen. Please let me know what you think. I just want to be extra careful......PERHAPS IT's a good idea to enroll to both schools?????

go to USC pharmDdeliah! i wouldn't take the gamble. i know being away from home will be different but I think if you graduate from USC, you will be able to return to your area and find a job more easliy because you've graduated from a great institution. i'm not saying that it will be impossible for you to do this after you graduate from CNCP but it will take time for CNCP to establish a reputation that USC already has

If you read the last 3 pages, everyone pretty much stated their opinion abt the school. I don't think anyone can name any clear advantages of attending a school that's just opening up. However, the disadvantages are substantial ranging from rotation sites, risk of not being fully accredited, not appealing to employers, etc.... Other have also posted opinions of the experience that they had with CNCP.

Keep your spot in both schools and wait it out. Seriously, the people who say negative comments only do so because they have absolutely zero experience with how the interview at CNCP actually was. It's not like we're idiots or anything and yet some people come on here and talk as if we are.

There are leaders and there are followers. The people interviewing now for the most part are the ones who walked that extra mile to bug the crud out of their professors, pharmacists, etc. etc. for the extra LORs. The rest of the people coming to this thread either don't care about the school or are the ones who are too afraid to put their foot down, and so they are just waiting... and waiting... for any good news... Just remember that many people who interviewed at CNCP have also interviewed at other established schools. I'm not saying USC sucks because then I'd be an idiot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that CNCP will suck. Sure there are many unknowns, but don't let other people's negative thoughts tamper with what could be a spectacular future for you. Save both seats, wait and see, and DO stay cautious! Hang in there, pharmDdeliah, I am with you too :).

Keep your spot in both schools and wait it out. Seriously, the people who say negative comments only do so because they have absolutely zero experience with how the interview at CNCP actually was. It's not like we're idiots or anything and yet some people come on here and talk as if we are.

There are leaders and there are followers. The people interviewing now for the most part are the ones who walked that extra mile to bug the crud out of their professors, pharmacists, etc. etc. for the extra LORs. The rest of the people coming to this thread either don't care about the school or are the ones who are too afraid to put their foot down, and so they are just waiting... and waiting... for any good news... Just remember that many people who interviewed at CNCP have also interviewed at other established schools. I'm not saying USC sucks because then I'd be an idiot, but that doesn't necessarily mean that CNCP will suck. Sure there are many unknowns, but don't let other people's negative thoughts tamper with what could be a spectacular future for you. Save both seats, wait and see, and DO stay cautious! Hang in there, pharmDdeliah, I am with you too :).

Well said shikamaru :thumbup:
One thing I don't understand is why the same people keep coming to this thread just to tear down the school?!?!...especially when they know absolutely nothing about the school, excepts the rumors they've heard!
It would make sense if they went to the interview--then they would have something to base their comments from.

I'm feeling so torn in my decision in choosing Northstate over USC.

I think if you are in doubt, then you shouldn't go to USC. Don't waste your money on something you are not sure about.

I've interviewed at 6 different schools. Each and every one of them says they're the best. Some of you guys need to stop drinking that Kool aid. They are the only school that didn't get pre-accred. I spoke to the dean many times and my friend is very close to him. He assured me that the school will be with pharmcas, the school will get pre-accred after the initial on site visit. He dropped the ball so many times, and shows poor leadership ability. Now they are in panic mode and asking for deposits eventhough the school doesn't exist. He has no class or intergrity whatsoever. One of his main goals is to make this school the most rigirous in the nation and has history of failing extremely high amount of students. This is for profit school who would love nothing more for you to have to pay for remeditation. I think the people who are contemplating about chosing this "organization" need to think clearly and understand what it means to not only chose this school, but to attend a brand new school in general. The ramifications have been discussed here by others and i will not repeat them. Others who say people who are doubters know nothing about the school, tell me something that i said about its history so far that's inaccurate????

good day

I've interviewed at 6 different schools. Each and every one of them says they're the best. Some of you guys need to stop drinking that Kool aid. They are the only school that didn't get pre-accred. I spoke to the dean many times and my friend is very close to him. He assured me that the school will be with pharmcas, the school will get pre-accred after the initial on site visit. He dropped the ball so many times, and shows poor leadership ability. Now they are in panic mode and asking for deposits eventhough the school doesn't exist. He has no class or intergrity whatsoever. One of his main goals is to make this school the most rigirous in the nation and has history of failing extremely high amount of students. This is for profit school who would love nothing more for you to have to pay for remeditation. I think the people who are contemplating about chosing this "organization" need to think clearly and understand what it means to not only chose this school, but to attend a brand new school in general. The ramifications have been discussed here by others and i will not repeat them. Others who say people who are doubters know nothing about the school, tell me something that i said about its history so far that's inaccurate????

good day

this person was really upset..

The ramifications have been discussed here by others and i will not repeat them. Others who say people who are doubters know nothing about the school, tell me something that i said about its history so far that's inaccurate????

good day
Everything is accurate, good job. I would love to know how all six of the schools you interviewed at told you that their school is "the best," because I find that extremely hard to believe. If they really were the best, they wouldn't need to sell themselves so hard, would they?

I've said it many times on this thread already, that I myself am skeptical about CNCP too. However, what some people who *didn't* apply to this school are doing is telling those who *did* apply to not even give CNCP a chance. Do you think that is right? We applied. That was our decision. Others didn't apply, and that was their decision. There is a fine line between advising people to be cautious and causing fear by bashing on a school (and in some cases even saying that some people who are considering are stupid).

Guess what? We all are aware of the risk involved. Others are just more afraid of the risk and therefore they didn't apply. BUT, that doesn't give any of them the right to just come bash the school and speak lowly to those who are seriously considering. What is wrong with the concept of waiting until June? What is wrong with people who want to keep their options open?

People are focusing too much on the nitty gritty right now. I personally don't think they are looking at the big picture. You can talk about how CNCP doesn't have pre-candidate status yet, but you can't talk about how this is California we're talking about. You wanted to know something that is inaccurate? It's time to look at the grand scheme of things...

Where are all the jurisdictions made in the state of California? Where is the California Board of Pharmacy? The answer is SACRAMENTO. Not Loma Linda. Not Pomona. Not in the dumps surrounding USC. Not on Mare Island. Not in San Diego. and not even in San Francisco or Stockton. CNCP is in Sacramento, our own friggin CAPITAL. It's not East Palo Alto. It's not up in some no-man's land. Have you forgotten that California is known for its higher education? To say CNCP will fail is inaccurate with the history of California education. Do you realize how shameful it would be to California pharmacy education if the school IN ITS OWN CAPITAL fails to succeed?

Have some faith, those of you who are considering. Your REAL decisions begin in June. Don't just give up your spot just because those who didn't apply want to spread their insecurities to you. I wish you all the best of luck, and hopefully you will all get accepted to other pharmacy schools in the meantime (even though a lot of you already did)! :luck:

My apologies. I overreacted, but the original post can be seen below. Sorry, jenfromsocal.

My previous post (above) still stands though.

Funny how this is coming from someone who hasn't interviewed at 6 schools yet.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=5946784&postcount=1

PS. Also interesting how you aren't even sure if a PharmD is really for you yet.

Good day.

You are not very bright,are you?

ON December 10th, I wrote: "Applied to pharm school and have been accepted to Touro and waitlisted at UOP. Just interviewed at Western, and have 3 more interviews that I will attend."

Okay, for people who are slow, i will recap on December 10th, i was

1. Touro: Accepted
2. UOP: Waitlisted
3. Western: Just interviewed on Decem 8th

Then I said I will interview at three more schools, which i did

4. Midwestern interview - 17th of December
5. USC December 26
6. Loma Linda 1-11-08 Interview

Yes, I was questioning myself if I could handel being a pharmacist, like a lot of people do, I NEVER questioned if i wanted to do it.

So before you make accusations, learn to read carefully buddy. Also, sounds like you work for the damn school. You still can not dispute anything that i wrote about it because it's all accurate. I have no reason to bash the school. I didn't apply there.

Whoops double post. Read below.

You are not very bright,are you?

So before you make accusations, learn to read carefully buddy.
You're right. I'm not. If you knew me in person you'd know that I tell my friends every week that I am stupid and incompetent. It's true, and it's because I feel the need to strive higher. I apologize for my mistake.

Also, sounds like you work for the damn school. You still can not dispute anything that i wrote about it because it's all accurate. I have no reason to bash the school. I didn't apply there.
However, you also should pay attention. I never intended to dispute anything you said as the first sentence I wrote was "Everything is accurate, good job."

I only added to what you said, but with a different perspective.

Well then, that is all. I am sorry again for my mistake. I should have checked the post date, yes. My apologies. Good luck, and I hope you get more pharmacy school options coming your way soon! :luck:

PS. For the record, to anyone who comes in this thread: I do NOT work for the school. You can clearly see that in my previous posts. And my profile for that matter. You can also see that I am advising people to be cautious, but just from a more positive perspective. There is enough skepticism here as is.

WOW! you guys need to calm down. It's a new school so what those who want to take the chance will take it and those who dont will not. It doesnt really matter what others say when it comes down to it. There is a chance for this school to not to work and there is a chance that it will work. I mean even established big names schools such as UCSD have gotten rejections from gettin creditation. It's a 50-50 chance. Best thing to do is to just chill, lay back and watch the show. Everything will be crystal clear by June. So for now those who want to apply should apply and those with the doubts dont apply there is always next year and plenty of other schools to go around. Oh by the way hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

It's not up in some no-man's land. Have you forgotten that California is known for its higher education? To say CNCP will fail is inaccurate with the history of California education. Do you realize how shameful it would be to California pharmacy education if the school IN ITS OWN CAPITAL fails to succeed?

Give me a break! The location of CNCP means nothing. The CA Board of Pharmacy has nothing to do with pharmacy school accreditation. Its mission is to the protect California residents, not students. That's the job of the ACPE.

So please, get your facts right before you post. CNCP has already made some dump mistakes but yet, you are already comparing this unproven school with some of the best pharmacy schools in the nation. It is embarressing trying to follow your logic.

WOW! you guys need to calm down. It's a new school so what those who want to take the chance will take it and those who dont will not. It doesnt really matter what others say when it comes down to it. There is a chance for this school to not to work and there is a chance that it will work. I mean even established big names schools such as UCSD have gotten rejections from gettin creditation. It's a 50-50 chance. Best thing to do is to just chill, lay back and watch the show. Everything will be crystal clear by June. So for now those who want to apply should apply and those with the doubts dont apply there is always next year and plenty of other schools to go around. Oh by the way hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

I say its more of a 99-1 chance...remember only ONE school got shut down out of the near 100 schools in the US...and every school started new at one point in their existence. And say, worst case scenario (the < 1% chance) happens, because of the fact it has happened once already (students losing their money, time, etc..), wouldnt you think new schools now are doing everything they can to avoid this letdown? The Dean the CNCP (I attended the interview...) even told us he would give us our money back if the school was not to be accredited...this Dean has over 34 yrs experience at pharm AND med schools. And all of a sudden, you think he would transform into some scam artist and take your money and run??? :laugh: don't be SO paranoid...calm down guys...its ok..

Why are they asking students to make a deposit when they dont even have pre-candidate accreditation? Could it be because they are running low in money? Are investors pulling out of this for profit pharmacy school?

Why are they asking students to make a deposit when they dont even have pre-candidate accreditation? Could it be because they are running low in money? Are investors pulling out of this for profit pharmacy school?

I agree with you. I spoke to my pharmacist today and she said that under the new regulations, the school should not even be asking students for money when they don't even have pre-cand status yet. I've worked with a student from UOP and she said that 2 profs from UOP left to go teach for Northstate but decided to come back to UOP because they were having problems with administration.

:beat::beat::beat::beat::beat:

I propose people just wait til June before they say anything else. It is pretty sad to see how ugly people can get, me included.

I came here with the intention to share info. I also said how my friend and I felt. And then people started dissing my friend. Then others also said how they were considering CNCP over ____. Then they were dissed too. I was trying to be positive, and to provide an alternate point of view. Then people attacked me. And accused me of working for the school. @__@;;

I have much to learn, to keep my composure and to keep cool. I hope we all learn to have more compassion as professionals later down the road!

:luck: all :luck:

PS. If we all voted today, I bet we voted for different presidential candidates =P

I agree with that. Not only is that unethical but it shows lack of confidence from the school. They are doing things that are unheard of, accept people two days after interview, request money, etc.

Like others have pointed out, they just made so many errors in the beginning. Forget pre-accred status.... There are just more fundamental problems

1. Release apps very late after most people already got LOR from prof. Dean told several peple on this board (incluiding myself that school will be with pharmcas)

2. don't publicly disclose faculty ( unlike Sullivan etc) or update the site regularly

3. Don't get a building on time

4. Rumors of dean having bad intentions, faculty quiting, the woman on board of pharmacy not working there anymore.

5. Ask for deposits and admitt students two days after interviews....

I dunno, even if they pre-accred, there are just too many things....

I am not saying people shouldn't go there, just stating facts.

Thank you steveysmith54. I think out of all the people who didn't apply to CNCP but keep coming to this thread, you have been the most forthcoming, most unbiased, and least speculating. Just the facts, no emotional/hurtful element. That is what's needed. :)

They have to ask for a deposit or else they're going to get screwed by people that were accepted to more than 1 school and are just "holding their spot." People are holding their spots now with the deposit so imagine if it was free.....I think their deposit is very decent too, $500 compared to Touro's $2000 and other schools outrageous amounts. It's procedure for graduate schools to ask for a deposit, whether they are brand new or not.

It is also not right to interview students, then offer them admissions 2 days later and ask them to put a deposit when the ACPE has not even visited college's rented building.

They have to ask for a deposit or else they're going to get screwed by people that were accepted to more than 1 school and are just "holding their spot." People are holding their spots now with the deposit so imagine if it was free.....I think their deposit is very decent too, $500 compared to Touro's $2000 and other schools outrageous amounts. It's procedure for graduate schools to ask for a deposit, whether they are brand new or not.

Not it's not. that's unheard for a new school. Sullivan, Jefferson, Hilo all waited till they get the pre-cand from ACPE to ask for deposits.

Thank you steveysmith54. I think out of all the people who didn't apply to CNCP but keep coming to this thread, you have been the most forthcoming, most unbiased, and least speculating. Just the facts, no emotional/hurtful element. That is what's needed. :)

shikamaru,
It's because of people like you, i genuinely hope that everything with the school works out. But, I also hope the school is more student friendly and centered.

BMBiology and SteveySmith, both of you need to quit picking out all the little small details that doesnt even matter. I dont get why you guys (and others) are bashing on this school so much. And dont give me that "cuz I want to warn fellow students..." You guys wouldnt give a rat's azz if people on this site succeed or not. I guess the only thing you can get out of this is for CNCP to actually not get its accredidation, so you guys can brag and say "I told you so," which won't happen anyway so you guys are pretty much wasting your time. You guys and all of us want something that will benefit us, not our competitors...so you really have no reason to talk trash about this school...