California Northstate College of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: California Northstate College of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: California Northstate College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Link to school website: College of Dental Medicine | California Northstate University

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
N/A - The school does not have data on the ADEA guide just yet, it's a relatively new school! Will update once it gets updated!

Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.31
Science GPA: 3.20
DAT: 19.7AA, 19.3TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 638
OOS: 259 Applied, 48 Accepted
IS: 357 Applied, 93 Accepted
International: 22 Applied, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 39
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.75-3.62
Overall: 2.87-3.66

**CNU does not accept federal loans, so you will have to take private loans or pay out of pocket to attend this school

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview #2
Notification date:
9/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS (CO)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.34; Overall: 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 19 TS, 22 PAT, 30 Reading, No
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know what their interviews are like? I saw the other threads and saw they asked a bunch of ethical questions, but wanted to see if it was still like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Accepted at 11:58am!

23 AA, 22 TS, 27 Reading, 26 PAT
3.64 GPA
3.29 Sci Gpa
OOS

They said the online agreement will be released next week.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call! Accepted at 11:58am!

23 AA, 22 TS, 27 Reading, 26 PAT
3.64 GPA
3.29 Sci Gpa

They said the online agreement will be released next week.
congrats!!! could i ask what the first letter of your last name is????

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call! This is my number one choice since it is a new school with new equipment and lots of clinical opportunities!
DAT 21AA 21TS

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I got acceptance call earlier today and they said they will email me with additional information, however, I still haven’t heard back from them yet…

I got acceptance call earlier today and they said they will email me with additional information, however, I still haven’t heard back from them yet…
I might heard it wrong. But I think I heard that the email should be sent out by the end of today or next Monday?

can i ask those of yall who were accepted, when you interviewed?

Has anyone received an acceptance email after receiving the call?

Anyone know if I have to complete all the documents and send deposit to save my spot? I still have more interviews and wasn’t sure if I should sign all the papers ..
yes, you have to make the first deposit before the deadline to save a spot
usually jan 15, but check carefully so you don't miss it
and deposits are generally non-refundable...

For those that received an interview invite - was it through email or online portal or paper in the mail?

Thank you I will make an account and join shortly. I am just trying to confirm.... For those accepted all we had to do was fill out the 3 forms and submit $250 check payment. Is there anything else we needed to do?
And a copy of your ID?

Yes sorry I missed that. I did mail that with the check. I saw in the requirements there was something about uploading our immunization requirements through the portal, but I haven't gotten any emails of that yet!
Since the tb test requirement has to be done later this year, no one can submit the immunization requirements yet. I guess we'll have to wait till further instructions.

Interview #5
School: Northstate
Notification date:
8/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/03
Application complete date: 06/05
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.88; Overall: 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT, No
Method of interview: Zoom

Very short notice and also kind of late. Going to reject the interview, so hopefully it will go to someone in need!

I was contacted by another school I withdrew from to send a secondary deposit fee. Does anyone know if CNU has a secondary deposit? All I've heard of was the $250 check.

did anyone who were on the waitlist hear back yet? i wonder if there were any movements from the waitlist.