California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@hdruv107....oh u already got waitlisted...and are waiting for highwaitlist....not everyone gets that email...some people did, some didnt...just wait...i tought u havent heard anything yet....best:)

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, i interviewed on 4/16, I'm the brown guy in that yellow group and got wait listed. Has anyone received an email from 4/16 interview saying that you are on high wait list? I keep checking my emials and no hope! :( I hope I get in. And also, goodluck to everyone..
I was in yellow group. I wonder if we were sitting at the same table?

me 2...4/6 yellow group,,,wondering the same thing...looool...which table were u at ???

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yea i have heard back and I am on wait list. I don't know if I am on High wait list or low wait list. That is what I am waiting to find out on. And yes I meant I had an interview on 4/06. sorry for the misunderstanding.

me 2...4/6 yellow group,,,wondering the same thing...looool...which table were u at ???

I was on that very first table. the table that got 20/20 on the quiz thing... I think I remember you. I hope I get in though. Congrats to you!

thanks:) but im on the waiting list as well(high waiting list) waiting to get in..

oh i wasnt on that table.....we didnt get 20/20 on the quiz looool ...we werent on the same table:-( looool

I hope we both get in...ill pray for us to get in:)

thanks:) but im on the waiting list as well(high waiting list) waiting to get in..

oh i wasnt on that table.....we didnt get 20/20 on the quiz looool ...we werent on the same table:-( looool

I hope we both get in...ill pray for us to get in:)

oh i see... well thats a good sign though, I think you have a good chance then... Hope it works out for you... and thank you, I will take all the prayers I can get... lol

whoaaa...really surprised nobody has commented on today's e-mail, seeing as this thread was very active not too long ago.

anyway, looks like some action is starting to ramp up this week with people on the high waitlist getting offers very soon. what I got from the e-mail was that this will be a continuous cycle once every two weeks until they're "full" again or crunch time is upon them in August, where offers will be more frequent.

whoaaa...really surprised nobody has commented on today's e-mail, seeing as this thread was very active not too long ago.

anyway, looks like some action is starting to ramp up this week with people on the high waitlist getting offers very soon. what I got from the e-mail was that this will be a continuous cycle once every two weeks until they're "full" again or crunch time is upon them in August, where offers will be more frequent.
What is this email you speak of??? I don't know about all you guys/gals that are on waiting list....it's torture in my opinion. But glad to hear that some action is taking place again tho!!

Late May is going to be an exciting month for all of us!

Here are those e-mails:

GKubat said:
Dear Waitlist Candidate –
I realize how anxious you are to find out what your chances are of being offered a seat this fall.

We will be pulling from the waitlist more regularly beginning the middle of this week, at which time we will begin with those placed on the high wait list. If you received a letter about two weeks ago which included “high” waitlist, you will be pulled first, as seats become available. Students who were placed on the high wait list have been sent advanced notice they are most likely going to be offered a seat Fall 2012.

The candidates receiving this email are candidates who have been placed in ranking order according to the post-interview assessment our Committee chose – the same assessment used for selection of the high waitlist candidates.

When the high wait list candidate is offered a seat, they have two weeks to “confirm” the enrollment. If they do not confirm, their seat is offered to the next candidate on the waitlist. This process will be used throughout the cycle and as I explained at the interview Q & A session, we offer seats from the wait list up to and including the first three days of class.

This may not make much sense to you, but this is traditionally how admission cycles run for all pharmacy colleges.

I wish you the best and if I feel you are moving closer to being accepted from the wait list, I will try to give you advanced notice. It would be best to be ready, no matter what position you hold, since as we get closer to the start of Fall Semester, candidates pulled from the wait list will have less and less time to confirm – 2 weeks, then 1 week, then 3 days, and then the same day you are called off the waitlist, when school begins. Make sure you have your finances in order and follow the immunizations instructions sent you from our Registrar, Lisa Erck.

Wishing you the very best!

GKubat said:
Dear PharmCas Waitlist Candidates,
This email is for all applicants who interviewed and have been placed on the California Northstate University - College of Pharmacy Waitlist. The Admissions Department will continue to pull students from the waitlist until all spaces have been filled. This will continue up until the start of the 2012 Fall Semester.

You do not need to set up an Immunization Tracker Account at this time. I do recommend that you begin collecting copies of your records to have on hand, so that if you are contacted by the Admissions Department and offered a seat in the Class of 2016, you will be prepared on short notice to meet the requirements.

Accepted students are asked to complete the following immunizations and set up an immunization tracker account as part of their admission to the school:
Immunization Tracker Requirements
Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer
-There must be documentation of a positive titer. If the series is in process attach the records until it is complete and a titer can be drawn.

Varicella (Chicken Pox)
-There must be documentation of one of the following:
· 2 vaccination dates
· Positive titer results showing immunity

Measles (Rubeola)
· 2 vaccination dates

Mumps
· 2 vaccination dates

Rubella
· 1 vaccination date

Tetanus/Diphtheria (Td)
-Documentation of a booster within the last 10 years.

(2)TB Skin Tests/CXR
-2 TB Skin tests (at least 7 days apart) are required to be completed between July 1, 2012 & July 31, 2012 (tests completed outside this date range will not be accepted). If the results are positive, a chest x-ray is required to be completed during the same time frame.

Please contact me if you have questions regarding immunizations. Be sure to include WAIT LIST in the subject line in your emails. If you feel you have received this email in error please contact me immediately.

lol there's nothing new to say. We're (the regular waitlisters) still on the wait list. Apparently all the high wait list emails were sent out about two weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol there's nothing new to say. We're (the regular waitlisters) still on the wait list. Apparently all the high wait list emails were sent out about two weeks ago.

True that is doesn't mean squat to us regular waitlisters, but this does indicate that things are in motion.

OOOYYYYY! I just saw the thread dedicated to this incident too. WOW...I may just go 100% with the school I already deposited with :eek:

In all fairness, the lawsuit thread and this are two different things. And it's very normal for an evaluation to note things to be improved at any visit, so, it's not very fair to indicate this document as a reason that the school is unbalanced.

In all fairness, the lawsuit thread and this are two different things. And it's very normal for an evaluation to note things to be improved at any visit, so, it's not very fair to indicate this document as a reason that the school is unbalanced.

I also wanted to add that if you check lakeboy's account, all he has posted is related to cncp. He cares so much to post it everywhere. I am not sure what he is trying to do really.

i know ........it seems that there are some people trying to be against the school. it is a new school and it has to go through all of the protocols to obtain accrediation. there are schools that have been accredited for years and have been on academic probation because their students cant pass their boards. northstate is not a school for everybody....so those that choose to go here more power to you and those that dont the feelings are all the same. at the end of the day the purpose is to obtain a pharmD despite which school you came from......so a genuine goodluck to everybody everywhere choosing this career profession :)

I also wanted to add that if you check lakeboy's account, all he has posted is related to cncp. He cares so much to post it everywhere. I am not sure what he is trying to do really.

who knows? maybe lakeboy is using scare tactics so that people on SDN would decide otherwise from CNCP, so s/he has a better shot of getting in.

same with the other thread. maybe pharmnerd2012 is someone like lakeboy, trying to get everyone scared before August approaches. it's always fishy when posters have the current month join date and one SPECTACULAR post, never to post anywhere again.

who knows? maybe lakeboy is using scare tactics so that people on SDN would decide otherwise from CNCP, so s/he has a better shot of getting in.

same with the other thread. maybe pharmnerd2012 is someone like lakeboy, trying to get everyone scared before August approaches. it's always fishy when posters have the current month join date and one SPECTACULAR post, never to post anywhere again.

I am a long time lurker of SDN and never really wanted to post anything to begin with. But I really needed some advice so I figured I would ask for it. If you look at the lawsuit thread I asked for advice, which no one ever bothered to give. They only commented on the lawsuit. So what would the point be in posting to the thread again?

Honestly I wish I didn't have to make the decision of committing all of this money to the school when they have those allegations to answer. But I don't have much of a choice since this is the only school I didn't get wait-listed for. I am very concerned that I am going to get 100k in loans and pay that to a program that could face sanctions, and I will end up screwed. I really don't know what I could or would do if that happened.

Er, don't mean to play devil's advocate or anything, but both lakeboy and pharmernerd2012 are accepted to pharmacy school already. With that said, I strongly believe that pharmernerd2012 has a genuine concern, as I was once in his/her position before.

On a related note, I don't think people posting those necessarily have "intentions." I think most people just genuinely want to have discussion and get feedback from others.

Last edited:
Wait so only the high waitlisted candidates got that email saying people will be pulled from the waitlist this week?

Wait so only the high waitlisted candidates got that email saying people will be pulled from the waitlist this week?
I am on the high waitlist and I didn't receive that email.so maybe now it's being categorized even further.

I think the email was intended to update the regular wait listed people. You did not get an email?

I think the email was intended to update the regular wait listed people. You did not get an email?

I did get it yesterday, and yes I am on the regular waitlist. Well, you never know. I guess I should really start looking into financial options. Anyone got an idea of how many candidates they place on the hi WL?

how much student loan are we talking about for 4 years??

and what would the monthly payment be after graduation??

anyone knows??

I am on the high waitlist and I didn't receive that email.so maybe now it's being categorized even further.
I think it's kinda funny how we are all getting kinda paranoid regarding who Did and Didnt get the email!
Best of luck to all of us!!

:thumbup::thumbup:
I think it's kinda funny how we are all getting kinda paranoid regarding who Did and Didnt get the email!
Best of luck to all of us!!

Lol no it's cuz I've been on the regular waitlist and wasn't sure if I was moved up or not cuz that email kind of confused me.

how much student loan are we talking about for 4 years??

and what would the monthly payment be after graduation??

anyone knows??

I read somewhere on here that someone did the sallie Mae and is paying like $25 monthly or something. Not sure bout the total debt after 4 years... I really gotta do my homework :scared:

thanks definit02,

ya, its important to know what will the total payment be....the monthly parments and stuff....how much will a pharD make...how much will it go for taxes...how much for the loan...and how much left??? alotta calculations and stuff....if i get in, i'll calculate all that stuff......loool, i havent look at anything yet:) paying student loan is not easy:-(
im assuming 250 a month for every 50k ....(but thats for government loan) not sure about the private loan....for example: this school is 45 k tution:
assuming
4*45=180 four years
180/5=3.5
3.5*250$= 875$ around $1000 for the loan or maybe more 1500
i dont get the calpharm.org thing...will it change tocalpharm .edu if the school becomes accred? what does a for profit organization mean???

Last edited:
When I did my loan calculations this is the info I figured out. I took out the full cost of attendance which is like 67.5k- this is for the tuition (46k) and for living and other necessities. This is the max amount the school would let me take out. Multiply that by 4, and when you graduate you are looking at being 270k in debt. I did the $25 month with sallie Mae. They then told be that I would be paying about 2k a month once I graduate. And starting salary or pharm d is 100k. So basically we are taking out a LOT of money and once we graduate have to pay a lot back monthly. But what other choice do we have?

thanks prepharmsocal,

thats very accurate......true, no other choice....
100,000/12=8.3
8300-2500(tax)=5800
5800-2000(loan)=3800
still not bad:)

Last edited:
Dear Incoming Student Fall 2012,

In keeping with your tuition deadlines, please make your $5,000 seat commitment fee payment, pursuant to the date indicated on your Student Enrollment Agreement as outlined on Page 7. This fee is applied to your Fall 2012 tuition upon the start of classes this fall.

Complete the attached Seat Commitment Fee form designating which method you will be utilizing to make your payment. Due to the timing of private loan disbursements, the seat commitment fee cannot be financed with your private student loan. For your convenience, California Northstate University College of Pharmacy makes the following payment methods available to you:
· Personal check made payable to California Northstate University or CNU;

· Cashier's check made payable to California Northstate University or CNU;

· Money order made payable to California Northstate University or CNU; or

· ATM/Debit card.

Return the completed Seat Commitment Fee form directly to California Northstate University College of Pharmacy:
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy
Attention: Admissions
10811 International Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Please be advised that non-payment of your seat commitment fee by the due date indicated on your enrollment agreement will result in the loss of your seat in the Class of 2016.

If you are experiencing difficulty paying your seat commitment fee, or have additional questions and/or concerns regarding payments due to CNUCOP, please contact Kimberly Reed, Director of Student Financial Aid at (916) 631-8108 extension 283 or by email at [email protected].

Congratulations on your acceptance and we look forward to seeing you this fall as a member of the Class of 2016!

Norman Fong
Vice-President of Operations
Any future applicants should make sure they have extra money on hand to pay these additional fees. :O

thanks prepharmsocal,

thats very accurate......true, no other choice....
1000/12=8.3
8300-2500(tax)=5800
5800-2000(loan)=3800
still not bad:)

Thanks prettycat, i like your post, always clear and easy to understand. Did you get into this school?

It is on agreement form, page # 7, mine is on June 18 :)

Yours is in June? When did you get accepted? I am pretty sure mine is July 1st. That's weird that they have different dates. But I got that email this morning too.

Thanks baochaunguyen:)

no, im on the high waiting list:-(

loooooooool, i constatntly am calculating the money cuz wana compare it to my current salary and figure which one is more...in case if i get in hehhehe,

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,

thank you God,,, i got innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,,,i got in

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,

thank you God,,, i got innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,,,i got in

CONGRATULATIONS! Maybe I will see you @ Northstate. You have quite a character on these forums lol. :)

thanks RPHbound and twentytwelve2:)

yup, im quit a character,,hehhe:p yes twentytwelve2:) well meet @northstate

looking forward to seeing all of u @northstate

can someone please give me some advise on the loan..how hard is it to get the salliemea loan...
do i need a co-signer???please advise....thanks:)

Last edited:
thanks RPHbound and twentytwelve2:)

yup, im quit a character,,hehhe:p yes twentytwelve2:) well meet @northstate

looking forward to seeing all of u @northstate

can someone please give me some advise on the loan..how hard is it to get the salliemea loan...
do i need a co-signer???please advise....thanks:)

I was approved for sallie mae. Although I did have a co-signer (my mom), she does not have a lot of income but her credit score is good. My interest rate came out to 8.25% however it will go down to 8.00% once I choose to set up an automatic monthly debit payment.
Note* I had zero income so I am sure anyone can get approved. I recommend doing it now. You dont have to commit to the loan until you sign the promissory note.

I recommend the 25 dollar fixed monthly payment plan rather than deferred because the interest rate is lower. 25 dollar a month isn't bad. If you can afford the interest monthly payment option, that one is even better but it is really expensive considering it would be like paying 100-200 each month.

Also- I only borrowed the amount for tuition and will be paying everything else by myself. Things like orientation fee, student activities fee, etc. Since we pay 6,500 up front, 41300-6500=34,800 is all I need from the loan.

Has anyone done the SallieMae Tuition Pay Plan-Automatic Payment? When I called them they told me to call back June 1 since they have not set up a plan yet with CNU.

As an FYI, for those students who wish to decline their seat at CNCP and have already paid their "seat commitment fee", under California Education Code Section 94920b, you have a right to a refund of your full $5,000 deposit less $250.

Please do not let this deposit amount dissuade you from accepting another admissions offer should it arrive.

This statute is readable at:
http://law.onecle.com/california/education/94920.html