Calling all Nontrads- Sticky Update?s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wholeheartedly

Epi Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

It's time of year for Spring cleaning and that includes updating the nontrad forum stickies.

Stckies are intended to be a concise, go-to area hosting high yield info or the most common questions relevant to forum members.

@QofQuimica has put a ton of time and energy into putting together the nontrad stickies at the top of the forum.

There's lots of great info there, so if you haven't checked them out, please do.

Things like "police officer to med" or "RN to MD" type threads as well as the ever present "is it worth it" question thread.

We'd also like to update the stickies so if you have any requests for inclusions, suggestions, etc. please post them here for consideration. Keep in mind the objective is to have a concise set of resources.

Members don't see this ad.

my blog is not listed here (is on the med student section)

adoc2be.blogspot.com (started in 2008; some relevant and useful information; lots of information on the struggle of how to get from something else to med school; personal stories; pre-reqs stories; I'm updating the links on the side to include more information that premed might find useful going forward - genetics, biochem, physics, etc.... MCAT, PS, LORs ...)

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe since there's so many military transitioning to medicine in the non-trad forum we could include that there? I know we have a military medicine forum, but that feels more geared toward HPSP and USUHS and not toward post-military life as a civilian wanting to enter medical school using the benefits you already have. I know there are several decent threads on how to finance it for former military (CH 31 and CH 33) and the pitfalls and advantages as a former member of the military.

I also loved the targeted list that was compiled a few years back which included LizzyM scores for each school based on publicly available data. I don't know if anyone kept that up, but if they did that is always an awesome resource to have in addition to the MSAR. (edit to add I just saw the pop up in the corner that disappeared fast talking about the Application Assistant and LizzyM scores...lol!)

Reactions: 1 user