Can an OMS1 help an applicant get off the waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

primary_oocyte

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! The question is pretty much the title. I am a current OMS1 and my friend was recently waitlisted at my school. I was waitlisted last year so I have been giving him tips from my experience, but I was curious if there was anything I could do that could possibly bump him up the waitlist? Right now my school is his best shot at acceptance this upcoming cycle and if I could have any role in him not having to re-apply, that would be awesome.

Also will accept that there is nothing I can do, but figured it would be worth a shot to ask haha

Members don't see this ad.

No. You're nothing but a tuition bill to them. (read in Dr. Kelso "nothing but a large pair of scrubs to me")

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! The question is pretty much the title. I am a current OMS1 and my friend was recently waitlisted at my school. I was waitlisted last year so I have been giving him tips from my experience, but I was curious if there was anything I could do that could possibly bump him up the waitlist? Right now my school is his best shot at acceptance this upcoming cycle and if I could have any role in him not having to re-apply, that would be awesome.

Also will accept that there is nothing I can do, but figured it would be worth a shot to ask haha
Your influence was at the time when the Adcom made its decision, and now it's too late

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If he hasn’t already, write a statement letter of intent. Got me an interview and acceptance within a month of them getting my full application. Late too like March.

At my school if you speak to someone on the Committee in the Admissions Office you may get them to take a 2nd look and see why they were waitlisted. If something opens up perhaps they will move that person into the slot but if their app is not as strong as others your recommendation will not have as much pull. No harm in speaking to someone so they can take the 2nd look just don't get your hopes up.