Can I apply to Medical School With One Pre-Req Science Class Left To Take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConnorStudent

Reaction score
Hi,

So I am planning on applying to med-school this upcoming 2019 cycle. I graduated last August with a Finance/Accounting degree and completed all medical school pre-req science classes except for one. I never took organic chemistry lab. Basically at this point I am working full time at a research lab while studying for the MCAT which I plan to take in March. All in all, I really don't have time to take a class at the moment and I was wondering how med-schools look at applicants who still have one science class left to take/are in the process of taking.

My plan is to take Ochem Lab over the summer right after I submit my application to AAMCAS, but my fear at the moment is that I will get pre-screened and rejected, and if that's the case I will have to figure something out. Overall though I was wondering if anyone had some advice or information in regards to how admissions would view someone in my situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools allow you to have prereqs outstanding and require that they be completed BY MATRICULATION.

You will want to consult the websites of schools you want to apply to. This is a common question answered in their FAQs.