Can shadowing be done on a visitor visa in the Us

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nbde 2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a just graduated dentist from India. I have a visitor visa for the US. can i do shadowing on a visitor visa? Also, i wanted to know if shadowing experience really matters to get in DDS or residency program.

Thanking in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You can shadow somebody in the US if you know them personally. That said, shadowing has no bearing on admission into a DDS or residency program. Work or research experience might help you though.

Thanks Risha! what kind of work do you suggest?? some people talk about working as a dental assistant. Is that helpful? Is it possible to get into any research program?

Thank you in Advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Risha! what kind of work do you suggest?? some people talk about working as a dental assistant. Is that helpful? Is it possible to get into any research program?

Thank you in Advance!
Beware!!!!! do not attempt work on visiting visa!! you get caught!! you will be either jailed or banned entering to the US!!! on the first place shadowing/volunteering on visit visa is absolutely illegal!!!!

Beware!!!!! do not attempt work on visiting visa!! you get caught!! you will be either jailed or banned entering to the US!!! on the first place shadowing/volunteering on visit visa is absolutely illegal!!!!
You can work! You just cant get paid for it. Its called volunteering! Even on a visitor visa. So Stop deterring aspirants from gaining clinical experience in order to get admission. If you dont believe me, you are more than welcome to look at Visitor Visa B-2 guidlines on Volunteer Work.

Recently I also heard that Shadowing on visitor visa is illegal .
I went on the internet to find about it . It's written that Volunteering can be done on a visitor visa .
Apparently students selected in Pittsburg have been told that's its illegal .
Please if anyone has any authentic Information about this , please post it .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi,
I am a just graduated dentist from India. I have a visitor visa for the US. can i do shadowing on a visitor visa? Also, i wanted to know if shadowing experience really matters to get in DDS or residency program.

Thanking in advance!
hello.. can i get ur email address... or can u email me at [email protected]
i want some guidance.. thanks in advance..

You can work! You just cant get paid for it. Its called volunteering! Even on a visitor visa. So Stop deterring aspirants from gaining clinical experience in order to get admission. If you dont believe me, you are more than welcome to look at Visitor Visa B-2 guidlines on Volunteer Work.
Hello saar!!!! THIS INFO IS FROM DHS AS I SPOKE TO THEM!!! PLEASE DO NOT ENCOURAGE ANYTHING ILLEGAL!!!

can do whatever anyone wants do if its volunteering or shadowing..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile