can someone help???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogo110182

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 26Q from april 05: 8VR, 9PS, 9BS, Q Writing. Actually, my score went down from a 27O april 03: 7VR, 9PS, 11BS, O Writing. Already sent in my AMCAS, 51 MD schools including Drexel, Temple, Finch, NYMC, Creighton, and Tulane; and 10 DO schools also. Not sure if I should retake in August. Anyone has suggestions??

GPA: University of California, 3.5 BCPM, 3.7 Non-science, 3.54 Total
EC: 2 years of research, 2 years of hospital/clinical work, 1 year of community service, and 4 years of music performance
Non-native speaker
Applied two years ago with Interviews in Hawaii and NYMC (only 16 schools applied that time, 9 from CA, sucks~~!)

Can anyone help???

Members don't see this ad.

gogo110182 said:
I have a 26Q from april 05: 8VR, 9PS, 9BS, Q Writing. Actually, my score went down from a 27O april 03: 7VR, 9PS, 11BS, O Writing. Already sent in my AMCAS, 51 MD schools including Drexel, Temple, Finch, NYMC, Creighton, and Tulane; and 10 DO schools also. Not sure if I should retake in August. Anyone has suggestions??

GPA: University of California, 3.5 BCPM, 3.7 Non-science, 3.54 Total
EC: 2 years of research, 2 years of hospital/clinical work, 1 year of community service, and 4 years of music performance
Non-native speaker
Applied two years ago with Interviews in Hawaii and NYMC (only 16 schools applied that time, 9 from CA, sucks~~!)

Can anyone help???

If you want allo and think you can up your score a few points by retaking, you probably should. See how you are doing on practice tests leading up to the test and if you are doing well 30+ on the last few full lengths, than sit for the test. Also if you haven't tried a prep course (Kaplan or TPR), you might give that a try.
Are you really going to try and get 61 secondaries knocked out? If so, you may have a tough time finding time to study for the MCAT...

Law2Doc said:
If you want allo and think you can up your score a few points by retaking, you probably should. See how you are doing on practice tests leading up to the test and if you are doing well 30+ on the last few full lengths, than sit for the test. Also if you haven't tried a prep course (Kaplan or TPR), you might give that a try.
Are you really going to try and get 61 secondaries knocked out? If so, you may have a tough time finding time to study for the MCAT...

I already took kaplan prep and as you can see, my score went down...no idea what happened... I've been getting 28, 29s on the kaplan full length. anyways, being a reapplicant with my stats, will I get a seat in at least one of the 61 schools??