Can you defer an SGU acceptance? is global scholars harder to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat_taker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, realistically when does the SGU august class fill up? And if I applied now for the August class could I defer for January easily? If I can't defer, when is the earliest they are willing to accept applications for January? I'm assuming its rolling so the faster you apply the easier it is to get accepted.

Also I am interesting in the global scholars program for the first year in the UK, is that any more competitive than the standard admission for Grenada? Does it have august and january semester entry?

Members don't see this ad.

It's difficult to say since there isn't a known hard cutoff point for the class size and the number in each class has been steadily increasing the last few cycles. I would think past March your chances would drop off pretty quickly. When I applied in 2012 you were able to defer your acceptance 1 term, so if you apply now and get accepted for August 2015 you could defer until January 2016. Verify with an admissions counselor that this is correct before you bank on it, though. It may have changed.

The global scholars program is more competitive in the sense that there are fewer spots, only like 110 or something when I was in MS1. I think it is probably first-come, first-serve as far as the applications go, however. There are both January and August classes.

Reactions: 1 users