Canadian and Irish Dental Accreditation Agreement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDentist01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering does anyone know if this agreement between the two accrediting bodies has an end date? I am considering attending dental school in Ireland and want to make a well informed decision.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yes it does, it undergoes a review process every 5 years, the next one will be in 2017. Its up in the air whether the accreditation would still be valid after review. It poses a risk as you may attend an irish school but then the accreditation gets removed, and you are no longer graduating from an accredited school

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if they are likely to have the accreditation renewed? Any news or update on the status of the accreditation?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea, because irish schools only recently got accredited so there has not been a renewal yet, i called a few people and they had no idea as well

Your signature says you are in UNE c/o 2019? Are you deciding between that school and an Irish school that you got into?

I don't know if anyone can answer that. Are Irish and Australian schools cheaper than US schools?
For a Canadian, Australian schools are cheaper...also you start in February and so that is an extra half year of income.