Canadian Applicant to US Schools (Question about entry to the US)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a permanent resident in Canada who will be applying for their citizenship this July 2022. It takes about a year to go through the process and actually get my citizenship so until then I will still be an Iraqi national (that's my nationality) I am applying this year and have a couple of questions about the entry to the US as a Canadian PR.

1- If I get invited for an interview to a US school and the interview is in-person. Will I be able to enter the US as a permanent resident so I can do the interview?

2- If I get accepted and have to matriculate in june or july of 2023 in the US school, i might still not have my canadian citizenship, so am I able to still attend the school as an Iraqi national or will I have to be deferred until i get my canadian citizenship? or will the school provide me with a student visa so I can study until i get my canadian citizenship?

Members don't see this ad.

You are putting the car before the horse. I'm sure travel between Canada and the US for interviews won't be an issue, but do you know which schools have sent offers to Canadians? Have you talked with the admissions staff about your situation?