CAPS-5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biomom

Reaction score
Can you offer me advice and guidelines for scoring various intensity ratings? I have done the TMS training and had begun talking to my boss about them. He said we would go over intensity quite a bit and I was relieved.

My boss and mentor for 9 years has died suddenly. It is a tragic loss, but there is no slowing down.

I could really use some guidelines or rules of thumb. I’m happy to ask specific questions if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that the guidance the CAPS-5 protocol gives you underneath each question is really helpful and generally use that when considering intensity ratings. For instance, for startle response you consider how noticeable or pronounced the startle is, how much difficulty they have recovering etc.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes it asks how much does this bother you, or can you stop thinking about it etc. Rating these is tricky. I can figure out mild and extreme, but not present or pronounced.
I think that the guidance the CAPS-5 protocol gives you underneath each question is really helpful and generally use that when considering intensity ratings. For instance, for startle response you consider how noticeable or pronounced the startle is, how much difficulty they have recovering etc.