Car shipping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sthy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the military ship cars to my duty station? I will be moving to california from Atlanta for my internship and I was wondering how can I take care of the moving. If any one knows any cheaper way to ship, please let me know. I think driving my self is cheaper but I don't have enough time to drive there after graduation.

I also wondering who should I contact for my flight ticket? I have already my order but I don't think it has any info.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does the military ship cars to my duty station? I will be moving to california from Atlanta for my internship and I was wondering how can I take care of the moving.

Thanks

The only time they ship cars is if you're moving overseas. Otherwise you can either drive it, get a friend to drive it, tow it, or pay to have it shipped yourself.

The only time they ship cars is if you're moving overseas. Otherwise you can either drive it, get a friend to drive it, tow it, or pay to have it shipped yourself.

Wooo, really? Canadian military will ship your car for an in-country move (you do have the option to drive it, but I've always had them ship it).

They will not, however, pay to ship your horse. Booo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any navy intern here, please. I already have the order to my intern location but the order is not specific about where and/or who to contact in order to get your flight ticket. There is a website:
HTTPS://NSIPS.NMCI.NAVY.MIL/ listed, may be this the one but not working. If any one knows the information how to get or setup your travel itinerary, please help me out.

Thanks

Is there any navy intern here, please. I already have the order to my intern location but the order is not specific about where and/or who to contact in order to get your flight ticket. There is a website:
HTTPS://NSIPS.NMCI.NAVY.MIL/ listed, may be this the one but not working. If any one knows the information how to get or setup your travel itinerary, please help me out.

Thanks

Obviously off topic from this thread but we need more information.

1)Why are you trying to fly? Don't you have a car you need to take with you?
2)Where are you reporting to?
3)Most airline reservations for military travel are handled through Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Personally in my years in Navy Medicine I have never heard of a person reporting for internship/residency flying unless they were coming from on out of country (OCONUS) duty station.

Obviously off topic from this thread but we need more information.

1)Why are you trying to fly? Don't you have a car you need to take with you?
2)Where are you reporting to?
3)Most airline reservations for military travel are handled through Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Personally in my years in Navy Medicine I have never heard of a person reporting for internship/residency flying unless they were coming from on out of country (OCONUS) duty station.

That site looks like a highjacked military site. My browser said not trust connection.