Career advice on Pharmacy in USA from UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsjustme82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently working as a assistant pharmacist in UK and planning on moving to USA for career growth, I have searched google but couldn't find much details on this.

I appreciate if someone can suggest on how to approach the career path...

1) what are the immediate steps that I need to take .
2) because of my career I am flexible on moving to Industrial Pharmacy or corporative pharmacy.

3) what would be better is corporative pharmacy or Industrial pharmacy.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am currently working as a assistant pharmacist in UK and planning on moving to USA for career growth, I have searched google but couldn't find much details on this.

2) because of my career I am flexible on moving to Industrial Pharmacy or corporative pharmacy.

Thanks.

First you need to get a visa. Many companies/hospitals are not sponsoring work visas anymore.
I am not sure what you do in UK. If you have some unique experience or skill sets you might be able to get a job.
If you are just a retail pharmacist in the UK and you want to come work over here, then good luck.

Hi,

Thanks.

Don't come here. Thanks.