USA Today Article. Please read!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rossikcuw

Reaction score

As a former employee of Walgreens and CVS, this article honestly infuriates me. Highly recommend reading and sharing it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Well got to say Michael Hogue seems to have good intent, starting to bring light on these corporate quick fixes (distractions, disguised as improved working conditions) and address the real problem (PBMs, reimbursement). I seem to be getting more emails from him with updates and what not (seems like he gives a damn)

People don’t understand how bad it is until they see it with their eyes. There needs to be an undercover investigation with videos. I get the patient privacy part but those things can be blurred out.

This is a result of big players like CVS using debt to buy other businesses. Now CVS needs to make more money just to service the debt and interest. What do they do? They need to cut to the bone.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a well written, well researched article; better than nearly all which have attempted to address the issues in chain community pharmacy. Thank you USA Today.

Will it actually lead to meaningful change? Not soon enough. But if enough high school and college students see this, it might cause the number of students enrolling in pharmacy schools to plummet even further, at which point the chains can continue to complain about a 'pharmacist shortage' and have it actually be true.

Reactions: 1 users
Good article
In a related note, how’s the pharmageddon turn out so far? I now work in middle of nowhere so curious to see what people are seeing

This is a well written, well researched article; better than nearly all which have attempted to address the issues in chain community pharmacy. Thank you USA Today.

Will it actually lead to meaningful change? Not soon enough. But if enough high school and college students see this, it might cause the number of students enrolling in pharmacy schools to plummet even further, at which point the chains can continue to complain about a 'pharmacist shortage' and have it actually be true.

High school and college students don't read USA Today. They get their news from Tik Tok.