CAS help: "Visa Status"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HYJunkie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am quite in a big rush to send in my CAS (some trouble with my PS :mad: ) and I am still unsure of what I should mark in one of the fields on the first page: Visa Status. I initially thought it referred to my current visa status (I am an IMG, and I only have a plain B1/B2, and I wasn't sure if I was actually supposed to write that). However, SFMatch support unexpectedly replied that I should "probably" tick the visa that I'm "aiming for". Now... obviously (I guess) I'm applying both to programs that do and do not sponsor H1B, so... I don't want to restrict my application in any way.

Is there anyone who's been through that (or who has more info on the subject)? Please share with me... What's the best thing I could do? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have filled up my current visa status (student visa). I think it is a little ambiguous but the way it is put in the personal data section, it looks that we have to fill our current profile. Moreover if we select "permanent"..will the program sponsor for greeen card....that seems real funny. My file has been received by most programs and I haven't heard anything about any concern regarding this, so I would suggest to fill your current status i.e B1/B2.

me too...i put in my current visa status.

Did'nt seem confusing to me at the time....but now that u mention it :D
I havent sent my CAS for totally different reasons.. SFmatch hasnt sent my Labels yet !! Well they sent a mail telling me to just sent in the papers and they will label it in the office and arrange it right. :rolleyes:

Thanks, guys. Best of luck with your apps.