case interview date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsjymaeng

dentalschoolgogogo
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called them today and found out that it is booked through february...

Just could imagine how many people are going

Members don't see this ad.

already? wow, they are moving faster than last year

that's ji sung park ma bro! :)

are u korean?

Did u get the invitation from the case?

cus I got the reject letter right after they got my files

pretty sad that case was my second choice school.

Members don't see this ad :)

i guess that means i have no hope because my school just sent out the committee letter and I don't have super stats like some of those on here :( The worst part is i only applied 6 schools!

yes I am Korean and Park is ma favorite...

BY the way sorry to hear aobut your rejection....
what other schools sent you an invitation for interview?

Good Luck on others...

doesnt case only interview~350 if they are booked that deep shouldnt they almost be done sending out interviews? or are they interviewing more applicants because of the rise in applications?

If you haven't heard from case yet, you are screwed.

Pray that your other schools will get their stuff in gear and send you an invite.

If you haven't heard from case yet, you are screwed.

Pray that your other schools will get their stuff in gear and send you an invite.

well that's not really true at all. i just talked to someone from the office, and he confirmed that case is booked till feb. but they are all for the main class. so i assume they'll still be offering interviews for a week or so before they switch to the alternate list interviews.

listen, if they do 4 interviews a day four days a week, that is 16 poeple per week that have interviewed since aug 14th. Which is around 64 people by now that have interviewed. the class size is 70-75, so by december you will be like the 250th person interviewed.

My point is that they are building a strong alternate list at the same time!

If you have an interview in Feb, you still have an outside shot at getting in because not everyone who gets accepted goes there, but if you are the 100th alternate, you aren't going to get in this year to case.

I hate to bear the bad news, but it looks like a reality.:(

listen, if they do 4 interviews a day four days a week, that is 16 poeple per week that have interviewed since aug 14th. Which is around 64 people by now that have interviewed. the class size is 70-75, so by december you will be like the 250th person interviewed.

My point is that they are building a strong alternate list at the same time!

If you have an interview in Feb, you still have an outside shot at getting in because not everyone who gets accepted goes there, but if you are the 100th alternate, you aren't going to get in this year to case.

I hate to bear the bad news, but it looks like a reality.:(

don't they take breaks during the holidays??? Halloween...Thanksgiving...Christmas...New Years...

By Feb, they probably interviewed about 350 people. Then assume that they like maybe 1/2 of the interviewees passed...that means about 175 acceptances. Of all those accepted, only about a fraction will attend...so no worries folks!

i think they only interview wed-fri too. but i could be wrong

You are,

Listen, I know David Dalsky (Dean of Admissions) personally, They do Interviews mon-wed-thur-fri. 4 per day. Sure, they take a break for a holiday, but get real accepting 175 people! That is just stupid. They can't accept 175 because of the fact that they would be obliged to take all of them if they said yes.

Bottom Line is this ........if you want to get into Case, apply early, it is as competitive as it gets.

PLUS! Some people who were on the Alternate List from last year are offered deferrals going into class of 2011. Few more spots gone, guys... Well I will be taking one of the 70 spots :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
You are,

Listen, I know David Dalsky (Dean of Admissions) personally, They do Interviews mon-wed-thur-fri. 4 per day. Sure, they take a break for a holiday, but get real accepting 175 people! That is just stupid. They can't accept 175 because of the fact that they would be obliged to take all of them if they said yes.

Bottom Line is this ........if you want to get into Case, apply early, it is as competitive as it gets.

How do you know him personally? And do you really think that Case is the most competetive school?

How do you know him personally? And do you really think that Case is the most competetive school?
Check out its latest stats:

Recent Statistics
Fall 2006 Entering Class:
Positions Available 70

Applicants 2940
Number interviewed 332
Mean GPA 3.50
Mean Science GPA 3.45
Mean DAT Academic Average 19.36
Mean DAT Perceptual Ability 18.50

Wait, where'd you get those stats from? I thought they'd tell us or something.

I am thru debating whether or not Case will let you in if you interview in February. I ahd my interview back in August, good luck to you all. :luck:

"APPLYING EARLY" is the single best advice I ever received. End of Story!!!!!

r u saying that to me?

what do u mean u r debating whether I can go in or not?

R u the admission office?
I could not understand y u r saying in that manner...
It seems that u r saying that u can go in but I cannot?
Do u have better stats than others including me?

Anyways good luck on your dental school...

I was suprised to get a reject so soon from Case!! Oh well. Good luck to all of you going out to interview!! Case is a great school!!

Just had my interview at Case yesterday and from what I hear... a 3.6 is the average to get in for the class of 2007. It really helps to apply early as Sept/October interviews pretty much guarantee acceptance from what Case students told me.

Just had my interview at Case yesterday and from what I hear... a 3.6 is the average to get in for the class of 2007. It really helps to apply early as Sept/October interviews pretty much guarantee acceptance from what Case students told me.

my interview is in oct., are you saying those of us who interview in sept. and oct. have a better chance b/c case is already very interested in us (which is why they gave us sept./oct interview dates), and as long as we demonstrate that we have good personalities to match our applications they will want us OR is it just that since we applied early they feel they have enough qualified people to pick out of the sept./oct. interviewees to fill their class and thus do so?

i guess i am trying to figure out why people were being so assuring that if you interview in sept/oct are are pretty much in, when if you consider that they interview 332 for 70 slots, or 67 now (since a few ppl got in from last year) that is only a 20% acceptance rate :confused: unless they try to totally fill their class at dec. 1 (i know my state school only tries to secure 1/2 the class at dec. 1), and then case continues to conduct A LOT of interviews after dec. 1 to fill their alternate list.

sorry for the rambling post :oops:

Yes, people who gets interview prior to Dec 1 will have a very high chance of receiving acceptance, however, usually these are also the applicants who have stellar stats and applied to schools that may be better or less expensive than Case. Case may be their backups. Come Dec 1, they may receive acceptance from their first choice school as well as one from Case and they will most likely reject the acceptance from Case to go to their 1st choice school. This means that although Case may hand out a lot of acceptance letter in Dec, only a few will actually keep the acceptance. Therefore, Case will continue to interview until they can get the class filled. As I mentioned from another post, the % of applicants that get an interview from Case AND will receive an acceptance letter is around 65-70% (This % is pretty high because you have to take into account that not all applicants who receive an interview will attend Case. Hope this answers your question.

my interview is in oct., are you saying those of us who interview in sept. and oct. have a better chance b/c case is already very interested in us (which is why they gave us sept./oct interview dates), and as long as we demonstrate that we have good personalities to match our applications they will want us OR is it just that since we applied early they feel they have enough qualified people to pick out of the sept./oct. interviewees to fill their class and thus do so?

i guess i am trying to figure out why people were being so assuring that if you interview in sept/oct are are pretty much in, when if you consider that they interview 332 for 70 slots, or 67 now (since a few ppl got in from last year) that is only a 20% acceptance rate :confused: unless they try to totally fill their class at dec. 1 (i know my state school only tries to secure 1/2 the class at dec. 1), and then case continues to conduct A LOT of interviews after dec. 1 to fill their alternate list.

sorry for the rambling post :oops:

You are,

UMM...didn't you know that they accept more people than seats available??? That's because every school knows that there are many kids who get multiple acceptances and will choose another school. Ok, so maybe 175 is too high...but point is, it's not dead set yet...not even close.

Yes, people who gets interview prior to Dec 1 will have a very high chance of receiving acceptance, however, usually these are also the applicants who have stellar stats and applied to schools that may be better or less expensive than Case. Case may be their backups. Come Dec 1, they may receive acceptance from their first choice school as well as one from Case and they will most likely reject the acceptance from Case to go to their 1st choice school. This means that although Case may hand out a lot of acceptance letter in Dec, only a few will actually keep the acceptance. Therefore, Case will continue to interview until they can get the class filled. As I mentioned from another post, the % of applicants that get an interview from Case AND will receive an acceptance letter is around 65-70% (This % is pretty high because you have to take into account that not all applicants who receive an interview will attend Case. Hope this answers your question.

thanks... very helpful!! case is my #1 choice (despite the cost :wow:), so i have a keen interest in getting the right info. on this school :) .

Hello all. This is my first post, but I'm a long-time reader of sdn. I thought you would be interested to know that I received an interview from Case today and it's for early october. They are going to start interviewing more people per day. David Dalsky told me that they want to ensure that quality applicants are given a chance to interview before December 1st, so as to not deter them from attending Case. Be on the look out. You may be in luck.

r u saying tha u got a interview tomorrow and the date is october?
becuz you r a qualified applicant compared to others?
based on what?
dat/gpa?
I got my interview a week ago and the date is feb...
I guess I should email David

Hello all. This is my first post, but I'm a long-time reader of sdn. I thought you would be interested to know that I received an interview from Case today and it's for early october. They are going to start interviewing more people per day. David Dalsky told me that they want to ensure that quality applicants are given a chance to interview before December 1st, so as to not deter them from attending Case. Be on the look out. You may be in luck.

I must not be quality. I got a letter yesterday and my interview is Feb 12. D:

i emailed David and he replied me that

The Case School of Dental Medicine conducts "primary class" interviews
through the month of February. Therefore, if you are offered acceptance
following your interview there will be a place in the class for you

so we got hope.......

i emailed David and he replied me that

The Case School of Dental Medicine conducts "primary class" interviews
through the month of February. Therefore, if you are offered acceptance
following your interview there will be a place in the class for you

so we got hope.......

Through the month of Feb for primary class? Oh man, so am I going for alternate list? Screw that.

hey ddsjymaeng. glad to hear that the whole process may work out for you after all. I guess they know what they're doing after all...haha. Good luck.