Case Western MS in Medical Physiology vs Drexel IMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripsOverRoots

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I got some good views on this, but I wanted to ask more broadly.

I've been accepted into the new Masters in Medical Physiology program at Case Western, as well as the Drexel IMS.

I'm having a hard time choosing between the two as I've heard good things about those who matriculated after/during Drexel's program (from SDN) and it being an established SMP that gets students into Med School (not automatically, but you know what I mean).

Case Western's program is new, but at a prestigious Top 20 medical school, and I'm sure the program will be an amazing experience. It is a master's in physiology, but not an established SMP dedicated to help get students into medical school. To my knowledge you don't take medical school classes, and you don't interact with med students (please correct me if I'm wrong, I really just want information that can push my decision). Maybe other medical school admissions committees will see it as something else?

For someone who's main problem by far is GPA and is applying this cycle, which program would fit my needs more as someone who's goal is just to get into 1 medical school, become a regular practicing physician, and call it a day? I know no one will have a direct answer, but what do you think Medical AdComs would rather see?

Appreciate the help in advance all!

- Trips

Members don't see this ad.

Case. Especially if you plan on only going one year.