Categorical/ Prelim mix up..need help urgently

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DIMC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to an advance program at a certain hospital. I also thought I applied to the prelim program at the same hospital.

I recently received an intervew invite from the advanced program and they indicated that I would receive a separate invite from the advance program. I went to check the programs I applied to and just now realized it was the categorical and not advanced position.

What should I do now? I was going to withdraw my application from the categorical and submit for prelim. Will they think I was trying to apply for categorical IM and not even entertain my application? Should I email PC and let her know of the mix up.

I feel like I botched the interview without even attending. The location is a good 5 hour flight and will cost at least $500. Not sure if I should even go.

Please help

Members don't see this ad.

Your post is kind of confusing. You say you applied to advanced, got an invite from advanced and then are going on about the categorical vs advanced. I assume you mean that you applied to the Advanced (let's just say Gas) program and the Cat IM program instead of prelim.

Fine. Call the IM PC and explain the mistake. No harm no foul. You're getting far too worked up over this.

Yeah, sorry wrote the post in a hurry.

I was invited to an Rads advanced program. At the same institution I applied to the categorical IM program instead of prelim IM. They said they are forwarding my application to the IM department and that I will receive an interview from them as well. Once they get my info they'll see it was the categorical program and not the prelim.

Yeah, sorry wrote the post in a hurry.

I was invited to an Rads advanced program. At the same institution I applied to the categorical IM program instead of prelim IM. They said they are forwarding my application to the IM department and that I will receive an interview from them as well. Once they get my info they'll see it was the categorical program and not the prelim.
So beat them to the punch. Make the call now. And relax.