CBSE: How accurate/predictive are the new NBMEs? (25-30)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pleurodynia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of lurking but I haven't seen any CBSE breakdowns detailing how someone performed on NBMEs 25-30 vs. the real deal.

I'm about 5.5 weeks out and I got a 76% on NBME 30 last week. I took NBME 25 today and my score dipped to 74%, although it seemed much harder than NBME 30. I did some digging and the med student consensus is that all of the NBME's underpredict (especially NBME 25 -- which appears to be the hardest), but I'm not too sure how relevant this sentiment is to the CBSE.

Would be super helpful to get some dental student feedback.

Anyone here able to compare how they did on NBME's 25-30 with how they ended up performing on the CBSE? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Commenting mostly just to follow this thread - I'm about to start taking NBMEs myself. I've anecdotally heard they're pretty accurate and predicted scores exactly.

I took the NBMEs more then a year ago when they were still numerical. 25 was my lowest and my score increased as I took more. 30 was slightly below my final cbse score so from my experience, yeah they do under-predict but not by much. I also took UWSA1/2 after the NMBEs. UWSA1 over-predicted. UWSA2 was pretty accurate.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took NBME 26 only before my first CBSE attempt and did 7% better 2 weeks later. However, both percentages were in the 40s. The NBME was an underestimate, but its far easier to improve when you don't know anything lmao.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Related: Whens the best time to take NBMEs\UWSA?
I tell people that there are three phases to studying for the exam. Phase 1, is learning all the material for the test. Phase 2, is reviewing practice questions with a bank like Uworld. Phase 3, that’s when you’re ready to take practice tests. Typically people take them the month or two before their exam date.

Reactions: 1 user
What’s everyone doing these last four weeks? Powering through UWorld/NBMEs? Any suggestions for the last month from those that have already gone through this?