Celebrating soon enough - nine years of WW games in pre-vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I started a thing but I'm making myself stop to go study.

WW Games Spreadsheet

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I started a thing but I'm making myself stop to go study.

This makes my eye twitch
1BC6DED0-9C45-46DC-996D-3DF1B06CE486.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I started it because procrastination but decided I was being stupid.

Still kinda fun though.

haha It's taking me way longer than it should because I keep reading through the games instead.

I wanna see yours!

Definitely should have asked if you were actually working on it before I started lol

Mine's really shoddy and unorganized atm. It's actually pretty similar to yours in categories though. Didn't mean to interfere. lol

Mine's really shoddy and unorganized atm. It's actually pretty similar to yours in categories though. Didn't mean to interfere. lol
Omg you didn't interfere, I'm pretty sure I said before that I wasn't going to do it :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
I also have a section for conversion for some reason.

I also have a section for conversion for some reason.
The more data the better!

I want to build a role reference one too since not all the game threads have that easily accessible. Which roles were in each game, brief description of the roles, and who had them. Don't know how I would format that though.

#WWHistorians

Reactions: 3 users
The more data the better!

I want to build a role reference one too since not all the game threads have that easily accessible. Which roles were in each game, brief description of the roles, and who had them. Don't know how I would format that though.

#WWHistorians
Back in the days when WW first started....

Members don't see this ad :)
Ben and Jerry’s are totally single serving size, right? :angelic:

Reactions: 5 users
Thats totally a thing called a "miller" or "vagrant" and I've def thrown it into a game in the past just to screw with people.
Throwing this over here so it doesn't distract from the current game...

So there actually was a Miller type role in that game, it was MJ's role. DVMD and I were the original wolves, she got to come up with her cover role, and just happened to come up with one that was similar to MJ's. It was amazing.

Classic STL game shenanigans. The Dark Side is still my fave.

Throwing this over here so it doesn't distract from the current game...

So there actually was a Miller type role in that game, it was MJ's role. DVMD and I were the original wolves, she got to come up with her cover role, and just happened to come up with one that was similar to MJ's. It was amazing.

Classic STL game shenanigans. The Dark Side is still my fave.
Millers are villagers that seer as wolves

Millers are villagers that seer as wolves
I thought MJ did, though maybe I'm remembering wrong and he just had the role name Wolf. Not sure if there's a name for that one but it's typical of MJ's early roles...lots of sketchy role names lol

I thought MJ did, though maybe I'm remembering wrong and he just had the role name Wolf. Not sure if there's a name for that one but it's typical of MJ's early roles...lots of sketchy role names lol
A lot of places have different seers for different things. So a role seer would give the name of the role and a brief description if not standard and an alignment seer would give if wolf or villager. Millers are usually for alignment seers. Sometimes, people make them unaware millers, too. So they didn't know they would seer as a wolf and get lynched

So. I really want to get into WW. I’ve played mafia at parties and loved it. I signed up for the noob game back in December, but I had a death in my family and just couldn’t commit to being available at a certain time each day so I dropped out at the very begining. I’d like to try again so I’ve been reading the game threads recently (the Colorado game, the baking one, and the walking dead). However, it seems like there is a ton of drama and I’d hate to annoy people by being new / not a skilled player. I can’t really tell if people are legitimately upset in these threads or if they’re being facetious. I’d assume a game you play on the internet should be light hearted and fun but it appears that some people get very emotional and defensive which is making me cautious about signing up in the future.

So. I really want to get into WW. I’ve played mafia at parties and loved it. I signed up for the noob game back in December, but I had a death in my family and just couldn’t commit to being available at a certain time each day so I dropped out at the very begining. I’d like to try again so I’ve been reading the game threads recently (the Colorado game, the baking one, and the walking dead). However, it seems like there is a ton of drama and I’d hate to annoy people by being new / not a skilled player. I can’t really tell if people are legitimately upset in these threads or if they’re being facetious. I’d assume a game you play on the internet should be light hearted and fun but it appears that some people get very emotional and defensive which is making me cautious about signing up in the future.
We like new people! This current game there’s two brand new players (stagg has played irl but idk about dolphin?) and last game there was a brand new player who was a wolf this current game.

Come join the noobs!!! It's a game of deception so emotions do run high especially when you're being accused by people and your posts are being dissected and analyzed by 20 other people. I think the noobs end up getting really upset sometimes because it's like "You don't even know me and you're attacking me" especially when you're a villager. The older more experienced players get upset when etiquette that was established in older games is "ignored" or "forgotten" (and I use quotes because sometimes etiquette is learned in the moment after a noob has broken it, but all it takes is a nice experienced player or mod to politely tell them what they were doing was wrong which happens a lot!). I think people need to separate themselves from the game because the person I am absolutely comes through in the game, but I know that it's just a game!! I think you'd really enjoy reading the aftermath of the games where you can watch people joke about everything and kinda let it go :) I think you should join in 1 game and see what happens (if that's good for your mental health! some people can't handle intense paranoid and emotional situations and that's totally cool!). :) I personally really enjoy these games but I know that fighting for your life in them is EXHAUSTING!! And when you state the truth and people say "you could have just made that up" is extremely annoying because there's no way to prove it! But that's just 1 facet of the game :) I actually think this is helping me as a puzzle solver and as a future veterinarian because it teaches me to look at problems from all angles and from all perspectives (ex: looking at a case from the financial perspective of the client and from your point of view as a diagnostician). Now, if you want to, come and play with us :biglove:

It's a game and I think the best thing you can do is separate the game from anything outside of it. I can be yelling at someone in game and chatting with them calmly outside of it.

Pretty much things I said here:
It's just a game, but it's a game of lies and deception and manipulation. We're intentionally poking at each other's emotions. Tensions are going to run high. It happens. Sometimes lines are crossed. It happens. It's rarely personal, and if it becomes such, I'm sure people can be mature enough to figure it out. Nothing that happens in game should ever be taken outside of the game. Think of it like acting - we are given roles, we are playing characters. I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I'd also hate to see the game watered down because people are afraid to go for the throat. So anyway. I'll still be yelling at people if they dare to lynch me.

So you should definitely play, just come in with a good sense of humor and a thick skin and you'll be fine ;)

It's a game and I think the best thing you can do is separate the game from anything outside of it. I can be yelling at someone in game and chatting with them calmly outside of it.

Pretty much things I said here:

So you should definitely play, just come in with a good sense of humor and a thick skin and you'll be fine ;)
Thanks! I definitely don’t take things personally. But when people were like “F THIS IM OUT” and stopped playing I thought hmm, maybe this is a bit more touchy than I thought?

Also I’m familiar with mafia, and I even thought I was pretty good at it. I’m good at looking at someone’s face and telling when they’re lying and reading emotions and the tone in someone’s voice, but how do you do that when you’re reading and block of text someone had ample amounts of time to construct? Is it just like “aha this sentence you deliberately typed out tells me you’re lying!” Or is it just a crap shoot where you more or less guess ?

Thanks! I definitely don’t take things personally. But when people were like “F THIS IM OUT” and stopped playing I thought hmm, maybe this is a bit more touchy than I thought?

Also I’m familiar with mafia, and I even thought I was pretty good at it. I’m good at looking at someone’s face and telling when they’re lying and reading emotions and the tone in someone’s voice, but how do you do that when you’re reading and block of text someone had ample amounts of time to construct? Is it just like “aha this sentence you deliberately typed out tells me you’re lying!” Or is it just a crap shoot where you more or less guess ?
Some times people contradict themselves and that outs them, or they were village and just made a mistake! Sometimes they tell you a lie and you have info that they don't know you have, so you know it's a lie!
A lot of the time you are just confused and lost, lol!

Edit: i remember being really upset after my second game because someone that had been really nice game one seemed really mean game two. It turned out at the end that they were a wolf and I was just an easy target that second game. After that I realized not to take it personally and have really enjoyed it since.

Reactions: 7 users
Some times people contradict themselves and that outs them, or they were village and just made a mistake! Sometimes they tell you a lie and you have info that they don't know you have, so you know it's a lie!
A lot of the time you are just confused and lost, lol!
That makes sense!

Sometimes it's real frustration, and in that case, especially if it's happening every game, I think it's a good idea to take a break. But sometimes those rage quits are strategy lol

It's a little more difficult in an online format I think, but there is still some tone stuff that you can pick up, as well as looking at people's motivations, how they match up with their actions, etc. Who looks like they're actually working for the village vs who looks like they're pretending. It's complicated and a lot of it is just...feelings.

But sometimes those rage quits are strategy lol
Yep. It's a game of manipulation as well as deception, and keep in mind that throwing a fit (or giving the appearance of a similarly emotionally charged state) can be an effective manipulation tactic.

In the end, I think it's important to remember that it is just a game and to keep it separate from real life/real life feelings about people.

Yep. It's a game of manipulation as well as deception, and keep in mind that throwing a fit (or giving the appearance of a similarly emotionally charged state) can be an effective manipulation tactic.

In the end, I think it's important to remember that it is just a game and to keep it separate from real life/real life feelings about people.
Pippy!!! Are you in western mass in general or Amherst too??? :D

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile

tbh I didn't realize how many games I've played until I looked at this list. Still feel like the noobiest noob.

Reactions: 2 users