Celestone or Depo-Medrol?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knoxdoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since Kenalog has been black-boxed, I need to make the switch and I don't care for Dex. I'm open to hear anecdotal support for either of the two. What's your poison?

Members don't see this ad.

I generally go with Dex first, but use Celestone soluspan as my backup particulate, along with busting out the DSA...

I am now dex for all tfesi, depo for all ilesi. I am just strating to see pts in f/u after depo, so far so good but also too early to tell. I'll update in a month or two. I still use kenalog for all non-epidural inj's. Pt's that had prior kenalog and did great get a special consenty for repeat with kenalog. PIA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. Merry Christmas!

We are switching to depomedrol when our kenalog runs out. We still use particulate for lumbar TF. Neither my partner nor I do Cervical TF.

We are switching to depomedrol when our kenalog runs out. We still use particulate for lumbar TF. Neither my partner nor I do Cervical TF.

SHouldnt Depomedrol be better for ILESI anyways? I would have thought Depomedrol since it has more of a pariculate structure than Kenalog would 'work for a longer time' anyways when compared to Kenalog.

Wondered why people used Kenalog for ILESI over Depomedrol. I know why they chose it over depo for TFESI (cuz less particulate)....