cGPA: 3.75, sGPA: 3.77 MCAT 30 (9;12;9)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nav14tq

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Year in school: Senior, DC Area - Biology

Country/state of residence:New Jersey

Schools to which you are applying: Still don't have a definitive list. So far, UMDNJ, UMDNJ-RWJ, Temple, Drexel, Georgetown, GW, Johns Hopkins, UCF, NYU, UMd, Virginia, VCU, FIU, UMiami, FSU, FAU, UF, Wake Forest, Tufts, BU

Cumulative GPA: 3.75

Science GPA: 3.77

MCAT Scores: Sept 10, 2014 (9;12;9) 30

Research: Will have >2,000 hours by May. 4 Months (Summer) NIH, NCI with Poster presentations and talks, ongoing research at my school with possibly 2 publications at the end of the school year, ongoing research as Johns Hopkins SOM (16hrs/wk)

Volunteering (clinical): None but will have ~140 by May, starting in Nov in a pediatrics unit

Physician shadowing: Arranged for about 40 hours in December with a cardiologist. I'm trying to find something for next semester too

Non-clinical volunteering: >600 hours. includes volunteering for MS Society, philanthropies with my fraternity, being involved with my hometown's recreational sports program, and an annual major softball tournament that I began this year.

Extracurricular activities: (4 hours/week) Tutor Orgo and Bio classes, I was VP and started my campus' chapter of my fraternity (>500 hours), I also helped to start my schools chapter of League of United Latin American Citizens this year, so ~30 hours. Help organize my school's intramural softball league (30 hours)

Employment history: Tutoring since last year and paid research at my school. I was also employed my Freshman and sophomore summers.

Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n): No

Specialty of interest: Cardiothoracic surgery, pediatrics, neurology

Graduate degrees: None

Interest in rural health (y/n): I'm from a small town, so yes.

Members don't see this ad.

Goro suggests
Temple, Drexel, Georgetown, GW, VCU, UMiami, Wake Forest, Tufts, BU, and you definitely need to add more. MSAR Online is your friend. You are not competitive for JHU or NYU and their ilk. Ditto OOS public schools, except VCU.

Goro suggests
Temple, Drexel, Georgetown, GW, VCU, UMiami, Wake Forest, Tufts, BU, and you definitely need to add more. MSAR Online is your friend. You are not competitive for JHU or NYU and their ilk. Ditto OOS public schools, except VCU.
I agree. U MD is on that list too.