cGPA: s3.49, sGPA: 3.58, gradGPA:3.95 MCAT:33, BUT.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeddyBoomBoom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for help on my school list!

Like the title says, I have a uGPA of 3.49, a sGPA of 3.58, a gradGPA 3.95, and a 33MCAT. I also have 1000+ hrs as an ED scribe, great academic and physician LORS, and extensive bench research from my MS program.

However, I have *multiple* semesters of failed classes in my past, due to total non-attendance. While I have retaken these classes (hence the decent GPA,) I'm sure they will not be looked on favorably.

FWIW, I am a 35 white male. I am already AACOMAS verified, of course. So far my school list is:

A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University IL
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA
Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, GA Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL ß NO
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, NY
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Medicine, CO

Any thoughts for an old dude's chances with those stats??

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine... I assume the Fs were all in UG. We assume that with the stellar gGPA, that the you of now is not the you of then.

I'm looking for help on my school list!

Like the title says, I have a uGPA of 3.49, a sGPA of 3.58, a gradGPA 3.95, and a 33MCAT. I also have 1000+ hrs as an ED scribe, great academic and physician LORS, and extensive bench research from my MS program.

However, I have *multiple* semesters of failed classes in my past, due to total non-attendance. While I have retaken these classes (hence the decent GPA,) I'm sure they will not be looked on favorably.

FWIW, I am a 35 white male. I am already AACOMAS verified, of course. So far my school list is:

A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University IL
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA
Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, GA Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL ß NO
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, NY
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Medicine, CO

Any thoughts for an old dude's chances with those stats??

You're fine... I assume the Fs were all in UG. We assume that with the stellar gGPA, that the you of now is not the you of then.

I am hoping on the same too. You got this and know that it is you today that would be matriculating into medical school. Not the you of the past. Let that come off in your interviews and secondaries and you are set. For all I care you are a 3.95 GPA student now. Not what you were before.