Chad's Orgo - Reactions Necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MelonDew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the DAT doesn't test on Mechanisms do you really think it's necessary to go through the videos?

Would memorizing the road maps for Destroyer and the outline that Chad gives enough to do well on the Orgo section? (Only for reactions. There is obviously more to Orgo then reactions)

Members don't see this ad.

Since the DAT doesn't test on Mechanisms do you really think it's necessary to go through the videos?

Would memorizing the road maps for Destroyer and the outline that Chad gives enough to do well on the Orgo section? (Only for reactions. There is obviously more to Orgo then reactions)

Maybe someone who has taken it can give a better response. But I have come across practice questions that ask for the intermediate. I'm referring to the more "main-stream" reactions like SN1, Aldol etc. The harder ones I think are a bit beyond the scope. (ie the exact mechanism for the Hoffman rearrangement.)

I would not justify skipping chads videos. Surprisingly, they can actually ask you mechanisms, and they can ask you conceptual things that chad covers very well

People often go beyond what Chad teaches and study more in depth materials, not vice versa.

FYI, they do expect you to understand the basis of some of the mechanisms like SN1&2, E1&2, aldol, claisen, epoxide ring formation and opennings and etc.