chance in em???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

blueclue

Just wanted to know if i should even bother applying to EM and where...
I'm a 4th yr carrib student (us citizen). Step 1 209, step 2 199.. will be doing Em rotation in august. Should i even try applying? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

blueclue said:
I'm a 4th yr carrib student (us citizen). Step 1 209, step 2 199.. will be doing Em rotation in august. Should i even try applying? Thanks in advance.

If you're really set on EM go ahead and apply. Make sure you apply to a lot of programs (>30). It's going to be difficult for you being an IMG, with low board scores, however there are always people who manage to do it. The important thing is to have a backup plan in case you don't match.

blueclue said:

This is not the first that such a question has been asked on this board. You will be happy to know that the answer seems to always be to do your best on your EM rotation and any others so that you can get great LORs. Scores help but there are lots of other factors involved. You will have to work hard but it is definitely doable. This is coming from someone who is a 4th year so I don't talk from much experience. This is just from people I have talked to (docs and residents) and from info on this board. Search the forum a bit and you will hopefully find some encouragement. If you want to do EM, do not give up.

Good luck. :luck:

blueclue said:

Bottom line...If you really want it, how will you know if you should try if don't apply??!!

Go for it and give it you best shot!!

Wook