Chance me-suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalwhiz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need some honest criticism of my chances of getting to dental school this cycle, and where I should look into applying.

-3.5oGPA, 3.6sGPA with high upward trend
-20AA, 21TS, 20PAT
-+200 hours shadowing
-+300-400 hours volunteering
-2 summer jobs

No research, and some leadership roles but nothing too substantial. Please give me an honest review of my chances and what I can do to increase my chances of acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP!! I want to know if I should apply asap once the cycle opens or try to add some stuff before I submit!

You are an average applicant. Your stats aren’t bad, but by no means are they amazing. Imo apply this cycle and you may be surprised. Research the schools you want to apply to and apply to around 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are an average applicant. Your stats aren’t bad, but by no means are they amazing. Imo apply this cycle and you may be surprised. Research the schools you want to apply to and apply to around 15.
Do you think I should apply ASAP or wait tell I have a decent job so I can place it on my application?

By the time you get a decent job it will probably be too late to apply. Go for it and apply, you will probably get a few interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think I should apply ASAP or wait tell I have a decent job so I can place it on my application?
Depends how long it’s takes you to find a job! If you’re submitting early July that’s still considered early. Anything later, it’s late!

Looks fine to me, I agree with applying to 10-15 schools to broaden your options. Apply to at least 3 or 4 large schools (like Tufts or NYU , etc ) and the rest can be whatever. Your state schools, some other private schools youre interested in. I had a similar DAT to you and I didnt do research or anything either. I think youll get in somewhere if your application is good. Apply ASAP whether or not you have a job yet lol

Hi everyone! I need some honest criticism of my chances of getting to dental school this cycle, and where I should look into applying.

-3.5oGPA, 3.6sGPA with high upward trend
-20AA, 21TS, 20PAT
-+200 hours shadowing
-+300-400 hours volunteering
-2 summer jobs

No research, and some leadership roles but nothing too substantial. Please give me an honest review of my chances and what I can do to increase my chances of acceptance.

Make yourself stand out via personal statement and then subsequently interview. Your stats are average so you need to stand about among all the other average stat people. Apply early batch in June.

To be safe, I'd apply to more schools. What schools do you have on your list so far?

I have 20 schools so far. too many?:thinking:
I would keep it if you aren't worried about price and want to go to those schools. Application fee is small compared to a gap year. If you don't mind the small increase in risk you can remove some, but overall you're very wellrounded so even then it's not a big risk.