This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TotallyRandomPost777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this anonymously:

Junior at Columbia University (NYC)
President of 3 clubs, E board on 2 others
3.94GPA (uninflated AMCAS determined)
MCAT (Taking it in a week expected anywhere from 510-520)

Our school told us that most students apply with an average score of 515.
I'm scared, because I've been preparing so much for this exam, but I have not taken all the courses related to the topics posted by AAMC (C/P is weakest).

I took a look at a thread of MCAT score averages for various schools. It sort of bumped my confidence, because even if I get a 510 on the MCAT, there are only a handful of schools with MCAT scores higher than that. My GPA is higher than every average listed online. I'd like a shot at Columbia/Harvard/Yale.

But if my MCAT is under a 517, I don't know if I'll be competitive enough.

Thanks

Edit:
I have tons of medical experience, research, and publications! My main concern is my MCAT breaking me off from potential interviews. This is really a question about my MCAT score!

Members don't see this ad.

Daaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnnn good job on the GPA! I was tired about people who go to top undergrads complain that it is hard to maintain a decent GPA at a top school for undergrad. It seems like there is someone complaining about it every day!!

As far as your MCAT goes, focus on working on your weaknesses and doing practice questions. Don't get so caught up on your practice scores. It's not uncommon to have an actual score that is several points higher or lower than your practice scores were.