Chance of getting in PT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shse07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to apply PT school by this Fall - CSUN, Western
I didn't take biology yet so only these two schools work for me this time.
My overall GPA is about 3.9 (not from PTCAS) and pre-reqs also about 3.9.
However, the problem is GRE score.. seriously, I don't have time to study GRE since I kinda rush to apply this time so I'm still taking some pre-req and doing observation. I scheduled my GRE test one week from now but I guess I can't get even minimum score on my AW (which is 3.0) and English is not my first language.
What do you guys think my chance of getting in the program (especially CSUN since I live near there)?
If I can't get minimum score of GRE, then is there no chance of being considered at all? not even on the wait-list?????

Members don't see this ad.

You could have studied for five minutes instead of writing this worthless post. I didn't study for the GRE at all and scored better than I'd ever imagine. Some people study for weeks and still do ****ty. If you can't get a minimum score, then you didn't learn anything in undergraduate school. A 3.9 (a really good GPA), suggests that you did. If you just worked hard to get those grades but are an idiot, you might not do well on the GRE, but I submit that hard work alone is not quite enough to warrant a spot at school. Conversely, If you're really sharp but lazy, you will probably get behind and fail out. You'll get what you deserve- and if you DO get the minimum GRE score (I bet you will- you're just one of those weirdo anxiety kids that need constant reassurance) your grades are obviously quite competitive.

You could have studied for five minutes instead of writing this worthless post. I didn't study for the GRE at all and scored better than I'd ever imagine. Some people study for weeks and still do ****ty. If you can't get a minimum score, then you didn't learn anything in undergraduate school. A 3.9 (a really good GPA), suggests that you did. If you just worked hard to get those grades but are an idiot, you might not do well on the GRE, but I submit that hard work alone is not quite enough to warrant a spot at school. Conversely, If you're really sharp but lazy, you will probably get behind and fail out. You'll get what you deserve- and if you DO get the minimum GRE score (I bet you will- you're just one of those weirdo anxiety kids that need constant reassurance) your grades are obviously quite competitive.
Calm down, English is a second language. That is probably why she can't get the minimum on her GRE (not because she is stupid or a weirdo anxiety kid).

Shse07, if you don't get the minimum score then you can't be considered if it is an actual minimum score. Some schools don't have minimums. There are plenty of schools that don't even care about the writing section so if this year doesn't work out you can apply next year to a lot more schools and find some that don't care about writing. If the only part you are concerned about with a minimum score on is the writing section then try to schedule a little time for just that section this week before your test. A lot of schools have free writing tutoring. Or you can find a strong English major who can help you. Or a high school English teacher. Or just someone you know who is a strong writer. It's quite possible in a week to have a strong writer look at your writing and give you some suggestions. I'm sure the writing section isn't easy at all when English is your second language but a 3.0 is fairly low and it's quite possible a few tweaks could get you to that. You aren't going to get a 6.0 in a week, but going from a 2 to a 3 is quite doable. Best of luck!!!