Chance this guy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drive3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA
Undergrad - Majored in Bio Sci
overall - 3.23
science - 3.39

Grad - Health Administration from a top ten program
overall 3.60

MCAT - 27
PS - 7 (2 points below my lowest PS practice... :thumbdown:)
V - 10
BS - 10

Research
3 years of genetics research in undergrad, poster presentation at life sciences fair, no publications.
Master's Project focusing on lowering ED length of stay, intend to publish as second author.

Volunteering
ER/Transport Volunteer - 157 hours
Medical Aid Trip in Central America - 120 hours
Various Pre-Med Club and grad school volunteering - 50 hours

Shadowing
General Surgeon - 15 hours
Emergency Med - 10 hours

Additionally, I have had several internships working closely with physicians and various other providers for the past two years. I intend to apply in June so I have a little time to improve volunteering/shadowing if necessary. I realize I'm a long shot for MD, but is it worth my time to try at some lower tier schools?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

honestly, it probably isn't worth it to apply MD. your GPA is way low and your mcat is way low for MD schools. for DO, you have a decent chance if you apply broadly. You should get a few acceptances with DO schools, MAYBE your state school if you have a very generous state and a compelling PS. Unless you are a URM, save your money and do your DO application right.

Well below avg for MD schools. Even a 30+ MCAT will not help you. Stick with DO and in 4 years, you'll be a doctor.

GPA
Undergrad - Majored in Bio Sci
overall - 3.23
science - 3.39

Grad - Health Administration from a top ten program
overall 3.60

MCAT - 27
PS - 7 (2 points below my lowest PS practice... :thumbdown:)
V - 10
BS - 10

Research
3 years of genetics research in undergrad, poster presentation at life sciences fair, no publications.
Master's Project focusing on lowering ED length of stay, intend to publish as second author.

Volunteering
ER/Transport Volunteer - 157 hours
Medical Aid Trip in Central America - 120 hours
Various Pre-Med Club and grad school volunteering - 50 hours

Shadowing
General Surgeon - 15 hours
Emergency Med - 10 hours

Additionally, I have had several internships working closely with physicians and various other providers for the past two years. I intend to apply in June so I have a little time to improve volunteering/shadowing if necessary. I realize I'm a long shot for MD, but is it worth my time to try at some lower tier schools?

Thanks in advance.