Chances at Cornell? (North African/Canadian)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McGillian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I would like to get input from previous applicants/current students as to what my chances are with respect to admissions. Here are my stats/info:

1) GPA: 2 undergraduate degrees, cGPA is around 3.5 (massive upward trend --> last 3 years are above 3.9)
2) MCAT: 32 (10p, 11v, 11b)
3) Research: various experiences (over 3y) in qualitative research (psych), animal-based research (neuropharm), neuroimaging research (psych), 1 poster presentation, 1 paper may be submitted by the application deadline, although im not sure
4) Awards: several research awards (government agency, faculty of medicine, neuroscience research group)
5) Community involvement: psych ward, tutoring, tutoring underprivileged teenagers, EMS volunteer, volunteering with elderly, depression help line, etc...
6) Employment: some jobs here and there, nothing too significant

Problems with my application:
1- I don't have a premed advisory committee so I'm not sure how strong my two substitute letters will be compared to an applicant who has such a committee
2- I am from Quebec, so I had to go through CEGEP prior to university. It's post-secondary, but NOT university-level. WCMCQ still requests that all my postsecondary grades be submitted, but I'm not sure whether the CEGEP grades will count towards my GPA. If they do, my GPA will be much lower.

What do you guys think??

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.