Chances at getting into a SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerlover156

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so as the title states do you guys believe i have a chance at getting into a SMP? I am a 5th year senior at my undergrad insitution and graduating this spring 2018. From my understanding a SMP with affiliation to a DO school is the best bet for someone like me. My stats:

My first 3 years including summers (120 credits about 30 retakes) = 2.4 cGPA
My last 49 credits = 3.6/3.97/3.9 = 3.833 cGPA
Aiming for a 4.0 this last spring semester would put me around 2.989 cGPA
- Not sure about sGPA will calculate that but around 2.8 prehaps
- MCAT been scoring 507s on practice tests so lets assume 507
- EC just a few clubs, have about 3 doctors (MD) ready for shadowing, plan to volunteer next semester.

As of now i am looking at programs such as BCOM, PCOM, and LECOM. Can anyone recommend any others that maybe suitable for me? Also i plan to take the MCAT in March and scores release May 1st, is that too late to apply for admission in Sept? Please anything would help!!

Members don't see this ad.

SMP's love to see upward trends, which you obviously have. That bodes well for you and will probably make up for a subpar GPA. TBH, a 3.0 isn't too bad for LECOM, not sure about the other two schools. A 3.00 coupled with a 507 should you get you an acceptance. I'd also recommend VCOM's post bac (guaranteed acceptance if you meet their criteria), which is now partnered with Bluefield? college. You don't need an MCAT to apply, and their application season opened last month, so it's still relatively early.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so as the title states do you guys believe i have a chance at getting into a SMP? I am a 5th year senior at my undergrad insitution and graduating this spring 2018. From my understanding a SMP with affiliation to a DO school is the best bet for someone like me. My stats:

My first 3 years including summers (120 credits about 30 retakes) = 2.4 cGPA
My last 49 credits = 3.6/3.97/3.9 = 3.833 cGPA
Aiming for a 4.0 this last spring semester would put me around 2.989 cGPA
- Not sure about sGPA will calculate that but around 2.8 prehaps
- MCAT been scoring 507s on practice tests so lets assume 507
- EC just a few clubs, have about 3 doctors (MD) ready for shadowing, plan to volunteer next semester.

As of now i am looking at programs such as BCOM, PCOM, and LECOM. Can anyone recommend any others that maybe suitable for me? Also i plan to take the MCAT in March and scores release May 1st, is that too late to apply for admission in Sept? Please anything would help!!

If your s/cGPA is over 2.9 you will get into Touro Nevada. They have increased the seats from 135 to 180. This year MHS students will get into their PA or DO program as long as they have above 3.25.
https://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/admissions/applying-for-admission/mhs-admission/

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the reply! i will definitely check this program out & VCOM. Just needed some reassurance, its a long way up :(