Chances? cGPA 3.7 sGPA 3.55 MCAT 29

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptK7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Retake the bio is a waste. It could go either way, but if you want higher chances, you do have to retake the mcat.

Alright, thanks for the info. I was unsure about retaking classes, but I think clinical exp. during my gap year would probably help out more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone give me chances on acceptance into DO schools? Also, any recommendations of specific schools? Thanks

Could anyone give me chances on acceptance into DO schools? Also, any recommendations of specific schools? Thanks
You're competitive for any program you apply to. Just don't get cocky by applying to 1 or 2 schools and instead apply to a few schools (5-6).

I'd say your cnahces are excelent at any of the low tier MD schools and any DO program. Unfortunately, CA schools are really competitive, so I'd rule out the UCs, unless you're from SoCal and match the mission requirements for UCI/R.

I just received my MCAT score(PS 10 VR 10 BS 9) and am trying see if I have any chance of getting accepted to a MD program. I plan on applying next year and taking a gap year. These are my scores/grades with my predicted outcomes from this next school year.
I'd wait a cycle and see how it shakes out before retaking. For Loma Linda, have you checked out their abstinence policies?

Should I retake the MCAT? Also, would it help to retake my Bio 1 class, during my gap year, in which I got a 'C'? I know I dont have much options with any in-states, maybe only LL? Any recommendations on out of states? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, what are my chances at these MD schools? Just trying to get an idea, this list is a rough draft and I intend to do a lot more research on these schools. Stats above.

Loma Linda
Rosalind Franklin
U of Illinois
Creighton- I attend a Jesuit uni., not sure if that helps at all?
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Florida International Herbert Wertheim
Medical College of Wisconsin
Mich. state
Wayne State
Oakland University
NY Medical College
Northeast Ohio
Wright State
Toledo
Texas A&M
University of South Carolina
Commonwealth
U of Arizona
Wake Forest

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Bump. Any idea of my chances for these schools?! Please help me out

I think you'll be fine at the following. Please remember that in order for you to be competitive at an OOS public school, you need to be > avg, as the taxpayers are supplementing your tuition in the hopes that you'll stay in their state to practice. Not likely for a CA kid to wanna stay in SC or MI, is it?

Loma Linda
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Wayne State (maybe)
Oakland University
NY Medical College
Commonwealth
U of Arizona (Tucson > Phoenix)
Wake Forest
Georgetown
Quinnipac and all other new MD programs
Loyola
Rush

I think you'll be fine at the following. Please remember that in order for you to be competitive at an OOS public school, you need to be > avg, as the taxpayers are supplementing your tuition in the hopes that you'll stay in their state to practice. Not likely for a CA kid to wanna stay in SC or MI, is it?

Loma Linda
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Wayne State (maybe)
Oakland University
NY Medical College
Commonwealth
U of Arizona (Tucson > Phoenix)
Wake Forest
Georgetown
Quinnipac and all other new MD programs
Loyola
Rush

I agree, except Phoenix>Tucson. Phoenix admitted 29/1999 vs Tucson with 25/2400! Admittedly a minor quibble.

Thanks a lot, Goro and Gyngyn! I appreciate the feedback. I am still learning a lot about the application process and this helps.Now I know my stats limit me to basically only private OOS schools. Hopefully my sort of diverse background/experience will help. From what I can tell, attending a Jesuit university for undergrad does not really help out when applying to the Jesuit medical schools. Is this true?

Alright, what are my chances at these MD schools? Just trying to get an idea, this list is a rough draft and I intend to do a lot more research on these schools. Stats above.

Loma Linda
Rosalind Franklin
U of Illinois
Creighton- I attend a Jesuit uni., not sure if that helps at all?
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Florida International Herbert Wertheim
Mich. state
Wayne State
Oakland University
NY Medical College
Northeast Ohio
Wright State
Toledo
Texas A&M
University of South Carolina
Commonwealth
U of Arizona
Wake Forest

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Take off NE Ohio, South Carolina, and Texas A&M (huge in state preference)

Thanks a lot, Goro and Gyngyn! I appreciate the feedback. I am still learning a lot about the application process and this helps.Now I know my stats limit me to basically only private OOS schools. Hopefully my sort of diverse background/experience will help. From what I can tell, attending a Jesuit university for undergrad does not really help out when applying to the Jesuit medical schools. Is this true?
It doesn't hurt!