Chances for accelerated dental programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k.dot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi there!

I'm in an accelerated program right now, and I'm assuming you started your senior year by now. It seems like you did a lot more dental activities than I did. I did around 50 hours of shadowing in high school so you're in a really good place.

Most schools don't care about subject tests unless you're applying to Ivy Leagues or something like UChicago or MIT. But with your ACT, I doubt you'll have an amazing chance at them (no offense!!). If you have time, take the SAT. I personally did better on the ACT but some people are the other way around and like the SAT better, so give that a whirl. But definitely try to retake the ACT. I had a 33 which isn't too much more than what you got but I think you can make it.

Lmk where you applied! I also have this thread I started here about getting into accelerated programs, read through it if it helps!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ntal-program-as-a-high-school-senior.1193263/

I would not bother with an accelerated program. Your choice of colleges will be limited, and the whole "college experience" will be lost due to the high course load. I did an accelerated program....and skipped a year of high school. Graduated at 24. Not worth it. Missed out on game days, frat parties, spring break, because I was always carrying 20 credits of tough science and math. Live a little. You're only young once.