About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chances for FP

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by unregistered, Oct 19, 2003.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. unregistered

unregistered Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am a current 4th year med student at a U.S. School who had trouble with step 1 (failed twice) and was wondering what my chances for an FP spot is. My first two years, my grades were mediocre but my clinical grades have all been good and I have good letters of rec. Just wondering how are my chances for finding a spot this year in FP. Also, I can't start my residency until Sept/ Oct and wondering what kind of impact this will have on my match possibilities. Let me know what you think.
  2. mamadoc

mamadoc Old Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    something like 25% of FP slots did not fill in last year's match, so your chances of matching are pretty good I would think, as long as you choose programs well. As for not starting in late June like most of us poor slobs, I would think you'll have to make that your first step - calling programs to see who's receptive to that before you go through all the hassle of actually applying. Good luck!

(to find programs that didn't fill, go to scutwork.com)