Chances of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrcoptometry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so I'm new to SDN. Been a silent reader for a while. I plan on taking my OAT and just wanted to see if anyone could put in their two cents. So my gpa now is 3.5 and I'm active in extracurricular activities. I'm president of the pre-opt club at my school. But I'm having a hard time with the OAT. I've done practice exams but I'm not scoring too well. Roughly around ~290's. I've done the Chad videos and learned a lot from him but still can't do well on the practice exams. I'm doing the OAT destroyer as well but nothing :(. What're my chances of getting in despite the low OAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you actually taken the OAT or are those just your practice scores? I've heard the practice problems can actually be harder than the actual exam. Your GPA is good and sounds like you'll have enough EC. Really, depends on which school you want. I've heard of several getting into schools with a lower GPA than you and average OAT scores.

I haven't taken it yet, these are just the Kaplan full length ones. I'm just hoping for PCO. It's just getting frustrating that I'm not doing so well on the practice exams

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly, I got a 300 on my practice exam through Kaplan, but ended up scoring 340 on the actual test. It may not work that way for everyone but I think this shows the Kaplan practice tests are slightly more difficult.

On the flip side I scored about the same as my practice tests. Definitely use them to at least identify weak points.

good,just hoping for PCO. It's just getting frustrating that I'm not doing so well on the practice exams
JuZojV

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just be sure to focus your attention on your weak points.